Rutgers Ernest Mario Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi comejulia, the interview went basically the same way. It was about 30-40 minutes and he asked the routine questions that Liebensaft posted earlier in this thread. If you don't mind, what are your stats? Also, where else did you apply? And is Rutgers your top pharmacy school?

Hi, actually, I posted my stats earlier in this thread too. I am currently a graduate student at UMDNJ. My under GPA: 3.91, GPA from graduate school is 3.88. PCAT: composite 94%. biology 91%, chemistry 99% . but low scores on verbal and assay writing. I can not go anywhere else, so rutgers is the only school I applied. I have a friend at his p2 year at rutgers, he told me there are about 30 to 35 seats open for transfer student this year. (just a estimate, we still need to wait for their grades coming out) Hope we both can get in. See you in the class.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard anything from Rutgers school of pharmacy regarding the application as a transfer student? It has been 3 weeks since the interview. I feel like we need to wait forever.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing so far yet. From last year's thread, it looks like school-to-school/reenrollment applicants won't even be considered until late June!

Last edited:
Nothing so far yet. From last year's thread, it looks like school-to-school/reenrollment applicants won't even be considered until late June!

yup they dont look at us until after this semester is over..we hear during first 2 weeks of june

Anyone heard anything from Rutgers school of pharmacy regarding the application as a transfer student? It has been 3 weeks since the interview. I feel like we need to wait forever.

Go to their admissions status page. I found out I was accepted on there a week or two after my interview, which was a week or two before I got anything in the mail.

Edit: just realized that maybe you don't have access to that yet. I applied to the Camden campus for kicks since there was no fee for it and maybe that's why I got the info to set up a login there.

Thanks liebensaft. Dean Woodward left for vacation. So the whole admission thing was slowed down a little. Hope this is the reason. Another possibility is that I did not impress him as well as you did. Wish me luck. I really need that.
Thanks again for your kindness. Hope everything is going better and better with you.

Thanks liebensaft. Dean Woodward left for vacation. So the whole admission thing was slowed down a little. Hope this is the reason. Another possibility is that I did not impress him as well as you did. Wish me luck. I really need that.
Thanks again for your kindness. Hope everything is going better and better with you.
hey have u heard back yet?

Has anyone heard anything back yet? I got an e-mail requesting and interview yesterday and I will be interviewing on Thursday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been waiting for this for so long. Finally got the good news.
But, I got another offer from Princeton a couple of weeks ago. (Of course, not as Pharm.D candidate, Ph.D instead. ) Now I am struggling which path to take. I decided not to stay in acedemia, because I got a baby--(a very long story). My family needs me both financially and phisically. Pharm. D will only cost me 4 years, PhD plus postdoc will cost me 10 years, or even more than that. However, Princeton is my dream school and I was told I am acedemically strong. I wouldn't been doing this if Rutgers had admitted me earlier. I submitted my application to princeton during that stressful long wait. damn it!

Last edited:
That sounds like quite a situation. In what subject area would you be getting a phd from Princeton? Could you possibly get your pharmD and then do a phd after that (or after working as a pharmacist for a little while)? I know Rutgers has dual degree programs as well as a good fellowship program. Good luck with that decision, I'm sure either path you take you'll end up successful.
If you wind up at Rutgers...see you in the fall!

That sounds like quite a situation. In what subject area would you be getting a phd from Princeton? Could you possibly get your pharmD and then do a phd after that (or after working as a pharmacist for a little while)? I know Rutgers has dual degree programs as well as a good fellowship program. Good luck with that decision, I'm sure either path you take you'll end up successful.
If you wind up at Rutgers...see you in the fall!

Princeton does not have a medical school. So I was admitted to the department of molecular biology, and the research area is cancer biology. I don't think there is a rain check to take. (a dual degree just too good to be true.) I am still struggling. I have been listing all the pros and cons and been pendulous for the past a couple of days. Princeton gives me fellowship (28,600/year). That is a considerable relief for my current situation. Rutgers is gonna charge me 12k to 15k/year for tuition. On the other hand, graduation from rutgers in 4 years will give me a real and decent job(average 85,000/year); graduation from princeton in 5-6 years only gonna entitle me to find a postdoc position in a university or a reseach institute. After two rounds of postdoc (another 4 years), when I am a 35 years old, middle-age mom, I'll probably hunt down a faculty job or a scientist position in the industry (average 80-90k/year), yeah, by then I'll finally catch up with you guys.... But, princeton filled all my youthful dreams for a long while..... God helps me!

Oh, forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations! And I wish all the members on this forum success you all so much deserve!

Last edited:
Princeton does not have a medical school. So I was admitted to the department of molecular biology, and the research area is cancer biology. I don't think there is a rain check to take. (a dual degree just too good to be true.) I am still struggling. I have been listing all the pros and cons and been pendulous for the past a couple of days. Princeton gives me fellowship (28,600/year). That is a considerable relief for my current situation. Rutgers is gonna charge me 12k to 15k/year for tuition. On the other hand, graduation from rutgers in 4 years will give me a real and decent job(average 85,000/year); graduation from princeton in 5-6 years only gonna entitle me to find a postdoc position in a university or a reseach institute. After two rounds of postdoc (another 4 years), when I am a 35 years old, middle-age mom, I'll probably hunt down a faculty job or a scientist position in the industry (average 80-90k/year), yeah, by then I'll finally catch up with you guys.... But, princeton filled all my youthful dreams for a long while..... God helps me!

Oh, forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations! And I wish all the members on this forum success you all so much deserve!

good luck with whatever u choose..and congratulations to everyone!! do u guys know of a fb page for our class or anything where we can all keep in touch?

good luck with whatever u choose..and congratulations to everyone!! do u guys know of a fb page for our class or anything where we can all keep in touch?

hey! no I haven't seen any facebook pages or anything like that. it seems like there's a very small number of us on here!
congrats to you as well! can't wait to start in the fall!

Firstly, Congrats to everyone here who have been accepted. I have my interview tomorrow with Dean Woodward. This thread has been a great source of info about the interview so thanks to all for your contributions. I'm pretty nervous but it seems like the interview shouldn't be too bad so I hope I get through it well. Wish me luck!

Firstly, Congrats to everyone here who have been accepted. I have my interview tomorrow with Dean Woodward. This thread has been a great source of info about the interview so thanks to all for your contributions. I'm pretty nervous but it seems like the interview shouldn't be too bad so I hope I get through it well. Wish me luck!

Don't be nervous! My interview was pretty laid back and relatively short compared to the other interviews I was on. Dean Woodward was really nice. At the time of my interview I was the only person there, so that was nice too as I couldn't get intimidated by other people there, though there was an interview later on in the day. Lastly, the response time was really quick, I found out within a week. Best of luck tomorrow!

So I think it went quite well today, laid back like you said, about half an hour. The Dean is a nice guy and seemed interested in me as we had a good conversation after the questions. He asked all the same questions that were mentioned here so it was nice that I had answers already prepared for them and I was just myself. I was also the only one. Thanks, hope I get a quick and positive response too!

did anyone get a letter or any official paper work or anything besides an email?
hey! no I haven't seen any facebook pages or anything like that. it seems like there's a very small number of us on here!
congrats to you as well! can't wait to start in the fall!

did anyone get a letter or any official paper work or anything besides an email?

Yeah I got one of those big "congratulations" packets in the mail a week or so after I accepted the offer. I also went through that whole "enrollment pathway" thing on my rutgers status page in order to apply for housing and financial aid and orientation and everything like that.

Yeah I got one of those big "congratulations" packets in the mail a week or so after I accepted the offer. I also went through that whole "enrollment pathway" thing on my rutgers status page in order to apply for housing and financial aid and orientation and everything like that.

Did interview with dean Woodward also?? I got an email last week asking whether or not I was accepting the offer, although I thought an email I sent already accepted it.. But anyways, my interview and acceptance was abt a month ago so idk why I havent gotten Anything..

Did interview with dean Woodward also?? I got an email last week asking whether or not I was accepting the offer, although I thought an email I sent already accepted it.. But anyways, my interview and acceptance was abt a month ago so idk why I havent gotten Anything..

Yes I did; that's weird that you haven't gotten anything. When I found out I was accepted, it wasn't through e-mail or anything, it was through that my rutgers status page and it just said "congratulations, you've been accepted. respond now" so I clicked "respond now" which directed me to a page where I paid my deposit and that was it. A few days later I got that big packet in the mail. If I were you I would definitely call either the admissions office or the school of pharmacy, or both, in case they fill your seat or something!!

Yes I did; that's weird that you haven't gotten anything. When I found out I was accepted, it wasn't through e-mail or anything, it was through that my rutgers status page and it just said "congratulations, you've been accepted. respond now" so I clicked "respond now" which directed me to a page where I paid my deposit and that was it. A few days later I got that big packet in the mail. If I were you I would definitely call either the admissions office or the school of pharmacy, or both, in case they fill your seat or something!!

hm ok so last week i got an email from dean woodward askign if i was accepting the offer..and i said yes..i got an email from him with my initial acceptance and in my re enrollment application status it said admitted, but there was only a "decline my acceptance" tab..i didnt get any information in the mail or anything on deposit..im going away for 2 months next week and so im really worried this wont be in order before i leave...i thought it wouldve been settled by now, but ig uess i need to call them tmrw and see whats going on..hopefully theyre open tmrw

Congratulation Pam! So happy for you that you got into your top choice at Rutgers! Good luck and the best of wishes for you in the future :)

I chose Princeton. Sometimes, you just can not turn down an offer that can make your dream come true. Thank you all for the help, especially Liebensaft. Again, I wish all the member on this forum a big success in school and a bright future. bye

Congratulation Pam! So happy for you that you got into your top choice at Rutgers! Good luck and the best of wishes for you in the future :)

THANKS! Shame we didn't end up at the same school, that would have been fun. I wish you the best of luck too!

hey everyone i have a question- if we filled out a re enrollment application bc we already have a degree, once we start school are we considered graduate students or still undergraduate?? im asking bc i think the tuition is different so if someone can let me know id reallyy appreciate it

hey everyone i have a question- if we filled out a re enrollment application bc we already have a degree, once we start school are we considered graduate students or still undergraduate?? im asking bc i think the tuition is different so if someone can let me know id reallyy appreciate it

Hey. I'm not re-enrollment but I do already have a degree. I BELIEVE that we're all considered undergraduate until P3, then P3 and P4 you're considered graduate. You might want to get a second opinion on that but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Hey. I'm not re-enrollment but I do already have a degree. I BELIEVE that we're all considered undergraduate until P3, then P3 and P4 you're considered graduate. You might want to get a second opinion on that but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

This is correct...however if you are 24 you are able to get PLUS loans as a graduate student would

I do remember the interview and I was asked all of the same questions in general. The interview to admission was probably different for me than it will be for you just because of differing circumstances. As far as life as a transfer student, it was a pretty easy transition (at least for me since I already had a degree) and made plenty of friends quickly. As a transfer, you will have a separate orientation so they will most likely be the first people you meet in the class.

Would you say that a lot of the transfer students at Rutgers tend to be NJ residents? I'm a PA resident and am applying to all of the pharm schools here and other east coast schools. I heard that Rutgers is very competitive when it comes to the transfer student admission (as well as regular admissions) and I'm trying to make an informed decision about applying. Also i'm applying with a BS in Biological Sciences (minor in Chemistry) from Drexel do you think that will help or hurt the application in anyway? Your input would be helpful! Thanks! :)

Would you say that a lot of the transfer students at Rutgers tend to be NJ residents? I'm a PA resident and am applying to all of the pharm schools here and other east coast schools. I heard that Rutgers is very competitive when it comes to the transfer student admission (as well as regular admissions) and I'm trying to make an informed decision about applying. Also i'm applying with a BS in Biological Sciences (minor in Chemistry) from Drexel do you think that will help or hurt the application in anyway? Your input would be helpful! Thanks! :)

I am a transfer student from NY and was accepted. Its hard to transfer in, regardless of where you are a resident. I could imagine that it would be slightly easier for NJ residents, as Rutgers is a state university. However, I would assume that there are so little spots to transfer in that they would accept the most qualified students, regardless of residency.

I am a transfer student from NY and was accepted. Its hard to transfer in, regardless of where you are a resident. I could imagine that it would be slightly easier for NJ residents, as Rutgers is a state university. However, I would assume that there are so little spots to transfer in that they would accept the most qualified students, regardless of residency.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

There was a mix of both state and non-state transfers in my class. I have also been told by advisers at the school that having a degree certainly boosts your application in general. I hope this helps :thumbup:

hi all,
is there any freshmen entering the university this year after grade 12 if yes plz let me know coz im also thinking of enrolling into rutgers university
also im in grade 12 and anyone can guide me like how much GPA do i have to get and how much should be SAT scores also im canada right now so i think i need TOEFL too
thanks
and plz help me as im new to all this
:):):)

I'm assuming you haven't heard anything back either... are you a transfer?

Is there a new forum for 2012 Rutgers Ernest Mario Pharmacy School? Can someone direct me to there?