-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rutgers- GSBS MBS 2014-2015
Started by sarkywarky
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted248403
Technically yes but it's not very good. U will still need a kaplan courseYes I am re-taking MCAT if I go to this program. They have MCAT prerp
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email this morning from Leslie saying they reviewed my application, and I should be hearing from them soon. I hope it's good news!! The suspense is killing me.
Just got accepted today to the dental scholars program in Newark!! I checked the online portal and was surprised because I didn't receive an email first.
Last edited:
Just got accepted to Dental Scholars!
Submitted 4/8, application complete with official undergrad transcript 4/29, accepted 5/7.
GPA 3.53 sGPA 3.4
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Submitted 4/8, application complete with official undergrad transcript 4/29, accepted 5/7.
GPA 3.53 sGPA 3.4
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!!!!!just got accepted to medical track. gpa 3.5 sgpa 3.2 mcat 23
accepted to the medical track as well. can any former alumni give updates on life after the program?
Same^ would love some insight on how the program was !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted yesterday for the Piscataway Campus!
I spoke to someone today in the program and she described how the newark MBS program operates on a different semester schedule (similar to a trimester) and thus one can finish 20 credits and get an interview at NJMS in time to attend the NJMS (assuming they get in) that fall. can someone comment on whether this is true? so essentially is it possible for a medical scholar with a 3.5 gpa to avoid a gap year if they get accepted? thanks!!
sorry the prior posts about this are a bit confusing to me
sorry the prior posts about this are a bit confusing to me
Is anyone thinking about doing the combined MBS/MPH?
I'm
considering it based on the cost. Have you heard much about it?Is anyone thinking about doing the combined MBS/MPH?
I'm
considering it based on the cost. Have you heard much about it?
I found a PDF of the combined program. It might be a good idea if you are taking a planned gap year after the first year of the MBS at Newark. The MPH is in quantitative methods with an epi or biostats focus. It sounds like it could be useful as a pivot into a career as an epidemiologist which is my backup if I'm unable to get into medical school. I'm in the same boat as you, weighing the costs/time of the program.
I spoke to someone today in the program and she described how the newark MBS program operates on a different semester schedule (similar to a trimester) and thus one can finish 20 credits and get an interview at NJMS in time to attend the NJMS (assuming they get in) that fall. can someone comment on whether this is true? so essentially is it possible for a medical scholar with a 3.5 gpa to avoid a gap year if they get accepted? thanks!!
sorry the prior posts about this are a bit confusing to me
Hey! I spoke with one of the professors in the Newark program a few days earlier and he had told me it was near impossible to finish the 20 credits in the fall? & so you would only be able to qualify for the min gpa/20 credits NJMS interview after spring semester and if accepted you would start in the fall of 2017 at NJMS.
D
deleted248403
no dress code for gsbs or med.Anyone know if there's a dress code for class for gsbs students as well or if it's just for the dental/med students?
just the dental kids all wear the same color scrubs (based on their year) and white sneakers
Email!For those of you who have been accepted, how did you find out your decision? (online, email, mail?)
For those of you who have been accepted, how did you find out your decision? (online, email, mail?)
Email as well !
email followed by the same attachments in the mailFor those of you who have been accepted, how did you find out your decision? (online, email, mail?)
JUST GOT IN!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else finish their applications in early June and hear back yet? I'm still waiting for a response..
yeah I applied early june and got accepted yesterday. Im unsure if I will go though...still deciding between midwestern and rutgers. arghhhh
Does anyone know if they will still review your application even without the official transcripts? I am afraid that one of my official transcripts will not arrive on time for processing, but I already have the unofficial transcripts uploaded. Everything else is already received except for the official transcripts. I just want to know if anyone has a clue about this. I might have to call them on Monday to ask. Thanks
Does anyone know when we will receive our financial aid awards after we sent in our acceptance letter?
Also, anyone else is looking for a roommate? I am coming from California so I am not familiar with the area. I am interested in living near campus as I intend to not bring a car. So anyone in the medical scholar program who needs a roommate, let me know. Thanks
Thank you.
Thank you. I really appreciate it.After sending in my deposit and setting up my net id and email, I was able to access my financial aid award on my.umdnj.edu and on the top there is a financial aid tab.
This took probably 3-4 days after they emailed me that they received my deposit! It should work for you as well!
Anyone else finish their applications in early June and hear back yet? I'm still waiting for a response..
Complete on June 26 , assigned for review yesterday (I called and asked), and accepted today. Hope this helps.
Hello Everyone!
I was just accepted into the Medical Scholars Program and I'm probably going to matriculate. If any former students have any tips or suggestions they would want to share about MGM courses, success in the program, extracurriculars available etc that would be great!
I was just accepted into the Medical Scholars Program and I'm probably going to matriculate. If any former students have any tips or suggestions they would want to share about MGM courses, success in the program, extracurriculars available etc that would be great!
Also I plan on commuting from NYC. Any one else?
Yeah, I'm going to be commuting from nyc also. Shouldn't be too bad, especially if you are only making the trip a couple of days a week. I'm likely taking just 8-9 credits in the fall so will only need to commute there 2-3 days.Also I plan on commuting from NYC. Any one else?
Does anyone know how safe the University Heights area is? Is it safe to walk around that area? I have heard of students getting stabbed or mugged in the area so I am a little worried. I don't want to be staying in my apartment all day since I am pretty active. So I was wondering if it is possible to walk out and explore the area. I don't have a car so it would be nice to get outside and get some fresh air. I've heard that there is no on-campus gym either so that is a little disappointing. Anyone has insight into this? Thanks
D
deleted248403
Lived there for all 4 years (off campus, not in the dorms) and had no issues walking/running around.Does anyone know how safe the University Heights area is? Is it safe to walk around that area? I have heard of students getting stabbed or mugged in the area so I am a little worried. I don't want to be staying in my apartment all day since I am pretty active. So I was wondering if it is possible to walk out and explore the area. I don't have a car so it would be nice to get outside and get some fresh air. I've heard that there is no on-campus gym either so that is a little disappointing. Anyone has insight into this? Thanks
A Rutgers Health (former UMDNJ) hasn't been attacked or injured 7+ years. Locals (unaffiliated with Rutgers) get into crimes around the area but the university gets email blasted about it but its never someone affiliated with the school.
I wouldn't walk and explore - there isn't much there and the risk/benefit ratio isnt great. Branch Brook park is great and that's where I'd run in the mornings.
Robflanker,
Thank you for the insight. One more question, if I were to live at 180 market, would you say it is safe to walk from the apartment to Williams and Broadway st? or the YMCA?
Thank you for the insight. One more question, if I were to live at 180 market, would you say it is safe to walk from the apartment to Williams and Broadway st? or the YMCA?
D
deleted248403
Dunno where that intersection is.Robflanker,
Thank you for the insight. One more question, if I were to live at 180 market, would you say it is safe to walk from the apartment to Williams and Broadway st? or the YMCA?
YMCA - eh, you could. That place is sketch tho - it has a low incoming/homeless housing mission above it, so there are a wide range of characters there at all hours. If you want to use a gym, you can use the Rutgers undergrad gym (have to pay a fee) which is definitely a better walk.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone get any acceptances??
Hello, I was just accepted into this program and was curios if any past students of the program had an opinion on the program and the ability to get into medical school. How many former MBS students received a guaranteed interview at Rutgers and matriculated there? What were your stats? Thanks!
I am debating between the two as well! Except Im pre-med. Do you mind sharing what you considered in picking one?I would also appreciate if someone could write a brief review of the program. Any previous/current dental scholars want to share their success stories? Currently debating between Rutgers MBS and LECOM post bacc.
hey can you tell me how was oral microbiology and oral immunology in Rutgers. How did you study and if you do have any notes from the previous course. mind sharing?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 418
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 357