This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rundontwalk09

Reaction score
Hello all!

I need some advice, pretty PLEASE. I am a current pre-dental student graduating from undergrad in December. I have been accepted into Rowan's MBS program and I am awaiting to hear back from Rutgers MBS dental scholars program. I am wondering if anyone has attended either of these programs as a pre-dental student and has had success with getting into dental school? In general, I'm also wondering if you guys think I should go to whichever school will cost the least amount of money. I know that Rutger's MBS program is pretty renowned in general, and also for dental school acceptances. However, do you guys think that really matters? Going to Rowan's MBS program will cost me less money, considering it is a commutable distance, so I'm really wondering if the Rutgers program is worth the extra hassle of moving out- basically an extra $17K because it's a year and a half. They both yield the same degree, a masters in biomedical sciences, and they are only serving as the middle man for my gateway into dental school. So I'm not entirely sure if the name really matters.

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!

I need some advice, pretty PLEASE. I am a current pre-dental student graduating from undergrad in December. I have been accepted into Rowan's MBS program and I am awaiting to hear back from Rutgers MBS dental scholars program. I am wondering if anyone has attended either of these programs as a pre-dental student and has had success with getting into dental school? In general, I'm also wondering if you guys think I should go to whichever school will cost the least amount of money. I know that Rutger's MBS program is pretty renowned in general, and also for dental school acceptances. However, do you guys think that really matters? Going to Rowan's MBS program will cost me less money, considering it is a commutable distance, so I'm really wondering if the Rutgers program is worth the extra hassle of moving out- basically an extra $17K because it's a year and a half. They both yield the same degree, a masters in biomedical sciences, and they are only serving as the middle man for my gateway into dental school. So I'm not entirely sure if the name really matters.

Thank you :)
Hey! I'm in the Rutgers MBS program and am completing it next semester. I think the Rutgers program is really good! They offer a lot of help to pre-dental students and as long as you study hard the program itself is not difficult if you pick the right courses! I think if you are confident in your ability to do well in master's courses you should pay extra for Rutger's because it is a well known program on the east coast. Also considering all classes are online next semester you won't have to worry about taking out loans for living next semester!

Hey! I'm in the Rutgers MBS program and am completing it next semester. I think the Rutgers program is really good! They offer a lot of help to pre-dental students and as long as you study hard the program itself is not difficult if you pick the right courses! I think if you are confident in your ability to do well in master's courses you should pay extra for Rutger's because it is a well known program on the east coast. Also considering all classes are online next semester you won't have to worry about taking out loans for living next semester!
Hi! I'm thinking of applying to rutgers dental scholars program for fall 2021, would you share some thoughts and how was your experience? I'm from Florida and any information might help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Would you mind sharing what classes you would recommend?

I did the mbs at rutgers but in piscataway and got multiple acceptances after