General Rutgers VS Pitt. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone I need advices and opinions on 2 colleges. I am a senior and planning to commit to a college this month, I am form a low income family. I am interested in science major and going to be in pre med pathway
1. Univeristy of Pitts -
Love that they have very good research and internship opportunities. They are in a city so easy transportation. Will need to pay about $7000-8,000 each year for Tution only

2. Rutgers
I heard good school
Tution is covered by FAFSA so only need to work and pay for Living cost.

Before I have already commit and turn in my deposit but then my uncle called and yelled that I need to change my school because the Tution is a huge gap. I mean I ahve to work either way for living cost, and if I do Pitt I ahve to take loans and repay after graduate. I don’t know, I need help
I will need to do those all myself, can’t rely on my family, I might need to send money home sometime for them.
without looking at the Tution I will definitely choose Pitt but but .... life is hard.

Attachments​

• 35DD629E-68AA-40DE-8DF3-94232F6B642A.jpeg
    35DD629E-68AA-40DE-8DF3-94232F6B642A.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 4
Rutgers.
Right now 7k a year isn’t much but down the road that 50k is gonna rack up interest and be around 100k.

Members don't see this ad.

Does that "negative" funding from Rutgers get reimbursed to you or able to be applied to living costs or anything? Or does it zero out and thats it?

Usually, the cheaper or free school is the way to go.

Are you from either location? Do you want to be near or away from family? Ask yourself some questions like that. I don't think you can go wrong with either option here, but generally many of us here lean toward cheaper/free, at least when the end result is virtually the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.