USMLE Rx flash facts - older edition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

escitalopram

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

So I've been using 2017 version of flash facts since beginning of my M2 (back in August) while doing some practice questions from Qbanks now and then;

However, 2018 edition of FA will be released end of this year (according to Amazon), but the actual flash facts won't be updated until next spring; I plan to take my step during summer of 2018.

Problem with flash facts is that it does not get "automatic update" - you need to manually choose what edition of flash facts you want to use (for example, right now, you can choose from 2015, 2016, and 2017 editions), and apparently, none of your progress (for spaced repetition) transfers over if you switch an edition.

I have been planning to use flash facts throughout the year until my dedicated period, but now, I'm getting slightly concerned about using an "older edition" of flash facts to study (I'll be using 2017 edition to study for 2018 exam); when the newest edition of flash facts does come out in Spring however, I'm not sure if I'll have time to go over it before I sit for Step 1 in the summer.

I'm not sure if I should ditch flash facts and start a new flash fact app with "automatic update" features (I know Memorang boasts about weekly update, but I never could figure out how to use their spaced repetition); or can I use 2017 edition of flash facts as a supplement to my 2018 edition of FA ?

If anyone has any experience with flash facts - please let me know !

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.