RXPREP MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdpcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have RXPREP for MPJE. please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I did not purchase this myself last year, but I heard from numerous classmates it was a waste of money. Self-study is really the best option for your state's MPJE.
I did not purchase this myself last year, but I heard from numerous classmates it was a waste of money. Self-study is really the best option for your state's MPJE.

Thanks but I am in need some federal law questions to make sure I am understanding the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the AZ MPJE.... and I found out I passed yesterday. I didn't do the survey of pharmacy. I also brought the AZ MPJE simplified law by David something in Amazon. They have pretty good summary of what you need to know on MPJE by AZ state at least. Look and see if they have one in WA version.

I took the AZ MPJE.... and I found out I passed yesterday. I didn't do the survey of pharmacy. I also brought the AZ MPJE simplified law by David something in Amazon. They have pretty good summary of what you need to know on MPJE by AZ state at least. Look and see if they have one in WA version.

There is nothing like that for mass law. I purchased pharmacyexam for federal and state specific. I've been through the boards mpje outline as well. I've taken the mass mpje twice, it just seems like everything I study isn't really on the exam because of how the questions are worded on the exam. Oh well, just going to keep at it and hope for the best

Well, I did talk to other people that took different state MPJE...All said focus on control substance... make sure DEA form... like if you want to return CII to manufacture...which form would you keep? What tech and intern can do or cannot do? KNOW YOUR control medication!!!! they will put it in the case and sometimes will straight up asking what is not a control. Know all the date like when can it be renew license, how many day you need to report to board when you loss the control meds. If it is new prescription, MUST OFFER or must REQUIRED counsel ... know the different I guess. The wording is for sure tricky! I think the exam itself is pretty similar, but the answer choice is going to base upon state law.

I got ask about emergency kit, compounding sterile pharmacy etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Hi Lid04PPI,

Thank you for sharing your experience here, would you share the book or sell the book that you bought by David from Amazon?

Currently my friend is using the book. Are you also taking AZ?
Yeah, I am taking MPJE in AZ, I graduated from different state that is why I am a little concern about the state law, my school is doing pretty good job on Federal law education.

I purchased PharmacyExam AZ MPJE, it is a very good practice but only 150 questions provided. Anyone have other suggestion?

Hi godsohelpme,

I had similar concern - only 150 questions, but that's all I used for the State law review and I did great. Good luck to you!

Thanks NWSU2016, for sharing your experience, did you also read AZ Board Pharmacy status? they are long and boring, I agree. : )

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi godsohelpme,

I had similar concern - only 150 questions, but that's all I used for the State law review and I did great. Good luck to you!

I got the pharmacy exam and preMPJE, I really thought it was okay material. Don't expect to be same question will show up. It just help you memorize some fact about the state law. A lot of the questions are like scenario type of questions. Most of the time, it can come down to two choices... Like I mention above, must require counsel vs. must offer counsel in new prescription. I do have the Dr. G Midwestern law that I can send you. It's really good with material and easy to read. You can PM me if you need help.

Well, I did talk to other people that took different state MPJE...All said focus on control substance... make sure DEA form... like if you want to return CII to manufacture...which form would you keep? What tech and intern can do or cannot do? KNOW YOUR control medication!!!! they will put it in the case and sometimes will straight up asking what is not a control. Know all the date like when can it be renew license, how many day you need to report to board when you loss the control meds. If it is new prescription, MUST OFFER or must REQUIRED counsel ... know the different I guess. The wording is for sure tricky! I think the exam itself is pretty similar, but the answer choice is going to base upon state law.

I got ask about emergency kit, compounding sterile pharmacy etc...
I had questions just like this.... pay attention to wordings.

I have used Rxprep, pharmacyexam, mpjemade easy, dea website, NJ board of pharmacy website...I thought they were all helpful. Though, I failed my NJ MPJE and got a 73. A lot of questions I can narrow between 2 answer choices. I would say the RXprep book was helpful! MPJE exam questions are more about applied law in everyday practice. Some questions are in the gray area and not exactly black/white. Does anyone here have any suggestions for me as well? I am so lost and depressed idk what to do now...Some questions would have been easier if I would have worked in a pharmacy but I do not have much experience apart from APPES....Please help!

I have used Rxprep, pharmacyexam, mpjemade easy, dea website, NJ board of pharmacy website...I thought they were all helpful. Though, I failed my NJ MPJE and got a 73. A lot of questions I can narrow between 2 answer choices. I would say the RXprep book was helpful! MPJE exam questions are more about applied law in everyday practice. Some questions are in the gray area and not exactly black/white. Does anyone here have any suggestions for me as well? I am so lost and depressed idk what to do now...Some questions would have been easier if I would have worked in a pharmacy but I do not have much experience apart from APPES....Please help!
and I got 74!! I am in the same boat as you... had all the materials and studied quizlet also. not a single direct question and I had many q from immunization protocol. I dont have retail experience either. I also had questions on counselling and those were the ones with confusing wordings... i really dont know what extra I have to do.

I used Federal Pharmacy Law by Reiss and Hall 9th edition. I highly recommend using this book. Its relatively affordable and provides a strong basis of what you should know. Its really easy to read too, I finished reading it in a day. Read it like three times, it gives you good examples on the differences of adulterated and miss branded. What you really have to focus on is your state's laws. Know the differences and specifics. I just printed out all the statutes on the board of pharmacy site and kept highlighting and reading through it. I think i read it twice or maybe three times. Took me about 1.5 weeks to prepare. I didn't study super hardcore but decent amount. The questions are very obscure but try your best to apply LAW logic to it. Use the most stringent law between federal and state. know the difference between SHALL and MAY. . Know your controls really well. All your DEA rules. I read through the DEA pharmacist manual once but i would recommend reading it again before the exam. Its not super long and its actually pretty easy to read through.
Got a 80 but i felt like **** after taking the test. It was a really hard test.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Pharmacyboy123! I just rented out pharmacy practice and the law. I will also try to rent out the Federal pharmacy law book as well. I just pray to pass this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I
I used Federal Pharmacy Law by Reiss and Hall 9th edition. I highly recommend using this book. Its relatively affordable and provides a strong basis of what you should know. Its really easy to read too, I finished reading it in a day. Read it like three times, it gives you good examples on the differences of adulterated and miss branded. What you really have to focus on is your state's laws. Know the differences and specifics. I just printed out all the statutes on the board of pharmacy site and kept highlighting and reading through it. I think i read it twice or maybe three times. Took me about 1.5 weeks to prepare. I didn't study super hardcore but decent amount. The questions are very obscure but try your best to apply LAW logic to it. Use the most stringent law between federal and state. know the difference between SHALL and MAY. . Know your controls really well. All your DEA rules. I read through the DEA pharmacist manual once but i would recommend reading it again before the exam. Its not super long and its actually pretty easy to read through.
Got a 80 but i felt like **** after taking the test. It was a really hard test.
i have the reiss federal law book 8th edition... will that do ? please help. Thank you so much for the details. I got a 74 and I am so dejected. I dont know how and what more I can do!

I got the pharmacy exam and preMPJE, I really thought it was okay material. Don't expect to be same question will show up. It just help you memorize some fact about the state law. A lot of the questions are like scenario type of questions. Most of the time, it can come down to two choices... Like I mention above, must require counsel vs. must offer counsel in new prescription. I do have the Dr. G Midwestern law that I can send you. It's really good with material and easy to read. You can PM me if you need help.

Hi Lid04pp1, Yes, I do feel like I need more study material for my MPJE. I haven`t been here as often as I should`ve. : ) Please msg me if study note or book are still available, my test is next Monday at noon. Thanks!

I

i have the reiss federal law book 8th edition... will that do ? please help. Thank you so much for the details. I got a 74 and I am so dejected. I dont know how and what more I can do!

Yeah the 8th and 9th edition are pretty much the same. I did the 300 questions in the back twice also. You're pretty close if you got a 74. good luck.

Hi Lid04pp1, Yes, I do feel like I need more study material for my MPJE. I haven`t been here as often as I should`ve. : ) Please msg me if study note or book are still available, my test is next Monday at noon. Thanks!

I took my AZ MPJE this Monday, and today found out I passed, thanks for all the help here. I still have pharmacyexam subscription open, offer half of price to help, message me if anyone needs it.

Please advice! I am planning to take my NAPLEX next April and trying to prepare for it since a while now.
I am studying from Rx prep book, and now I am considering the 6 months course from Rxprep now. would recommend that?
One more thing, I have no idea about MPJE, do you take it on the same day of the NAPLEX? I will be doing VA MPJE, and was wondering is there a book for it? Do I need to get a book for the Federal Law and another one for VA State Law? Please help with recommednation.

There is nothing like that for mass law. I purchased pharmacyexam for federal and state specific. I've been through the boards mpje outline as well. I've taken the mass mpje twice, it just seems like everything I study isn't really on the exam because of how the questions are worded on the exam. Oh well, just going to keep at it and hope for the best

Hey did you take it for the 3rd time? If so, how did it go? Wishing the best for you!