RxPrep scores translating to Naplex scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Pill

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can ppl who have taken both post what they were averaging on RxPrep and if those scores correlated with passing naplex scores or not?

Members don't see this ad.

The questions were approximately as hard on the RxPrep but the real NAPLEX chased me down an oncology heavy path (note: I took the old form with adaptive questions). Now the exam is standardized so the scores should match well. My classmates felt similarly about relative difficulty.

Yes I know the questions are similair, I meant since the naplex is scaled a 75% average score on RxPrep modules isn’t going to correlate to getting a 75 on the naplex, so trying to see if there is any correlation between the two.

Anecdotally: yes. But their are uncertainties detailed below.

Big data-wise: I imagine RxPrep would like to know but they never asked. Maybe an email survey would suffice but people may lie. Pretty sure they can't request specific scores for commercial research purposes. Also the target population is not indicative of the overall graduate population. Generally: poor test takers and students with weak clinical science competency disproportionately take the RxPrep practice exam. Maybe people will tend to do better after the practice test because they feel more comfortable.

I think the 75 score is some kind of arcane points-value representing the sum of the strength of each question. The percent doesn't apply and I don't know what the median (50th percentile) or mean values would be now. Perhaps someone on this forum knows a good source for this info.

Members don't see this ad :)
88% on the 150-question practice exam (taken ~2 days before the NAPLEX)

137 on the NAPLEX

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Can ppl who have taken both post what they were averaging on RxPrep and if those scores correlated with passing naplex scores or not?

I made an 80 on the 150 question practice test, and a 75 on the 100 question practice test. I got a 113 on the Naplex

Reactions: 1 user