?s for UC Davis vet school interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ghostsamurai

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Group,
Have an interview at UC Davis in about 2 weeks. :idea: Any one have any tips, previous questions, or other pertinent information regarding the UC Davis interview process?

Thanks a bunch 👍
 
ghostsamurai said:
interview at UC Davis ....

Hey gang,

Just curious to find out how other people felt about their interviews at Davis.

Mine was pretty tough, got grilled about career choice (i.e. why not MD school? Why not PhD?), experience (i.e. how will I get large animal experience? [I had primiarly small animal experience prior to interview]) feasibility of career focus (who actually does the work you intend to do?), GPA deficiencies (explain you poor science GPA...a killer), motivation and experience (path to vet med application), and of course, what else have you been doing since you applied?
Personally, I got GRILLED. on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the most nerveracking) I felt it was about a 9.0. 😱 In short, I don't think I did well. I TRIED and TRIED to articulate positive answers to every question but they kept repeating questions with different spins, and I didn't give very concrete examples. bummers! 🙁

How do other people felt they did with the Davis interview?