S in Sx. Fatal?

Started by 2nd year
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2nd year

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out that I got an S in my 3rd yr. surgery rotation. I only have a 220 on Step 1, with otherwise above average pre-clinical grades. Is this "S" in surgery fatal for ortho. or can I make up for this on an Ortho. rotation or Sub. I. Appreciate any input and of course I realize that none of you have a crystal ball. Thanks again.
 
2nd year said:
I just found out that I got an S in my 3rd yr. surgery rotation. I only have a 220 on Step 1, with otherwise above average pre-clinical grades. Is this "S" in surgery fatal for ortho. or can I make up for this on an Ortho. rotation or Sub. I. Appreciate any input and of course I realize that none of you have a crystal ball. Thanks again.

what does "s" stand for? satisfactory, superior, what?
 
"s" = satisfactory (as opposed to honors or high-satisfactory) Thanks again