?s on Physics

eyeluveyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a difficult time with the physics section, I never really understood "how to do it" (once I read the problem, I'm already lost) Time is a major factor, I'm so worried about running out of time which makes it even harder for me to even think lol...

This question is for anybody who took the OAT exam, are the constants given? (e.g. planck's constant 6.63*10^-34, columb's constant)

Thanks! Good Luck everybody

Members don't see this ad.

They probably will.
You don't have to memorize any constants I believe. There weren't any on my test. They even gave g=10 on my test lol.

They probably will.
You don't have to memorize any constants I believe. There weren't any on my test. They even gave g=10 on my test lol.

Thanks.. I'm taking my exam in a week O.O and I'm scared, I'm not really great at standard test-taking

They do not give out any constants. They did give out "g" i think just to make it easier on estimation and b/c a lot of people and a lot of reviews tell you to. I don't know what you are using to study, but if you used kaplan like I did, the physics test are pretty similar to what info they give out.

However I don't remember doing very many practice problems nor on the real test where I had to use plancks constant.

Just make sure you do know formulas, b/c for me the real test had lots of math. Like kinematics,lens, current, density.

Goodluck!

I do think they give out the R constant every once in a while depending if they changed the units.

They gave the R constant for all of chem problems so i don't see why they wouldn't give it out for physics. I didn't have any physics problems that needed the R constant so it was no problem for me.

I took the DAT again today, and as far as the other subjects go, they test on a very few topics. Kinda makes studying for all the other topics superfluous