S/Uing a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jameson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay...need some help here. There is a little class that goes by the name of genetics and pretty much it has its foot up my rear. If I opt to S/U or W this course, how screwed do you think I'm gonna'be? I know that adcoms keep an eye out for this class, which makes it even worse...any advice would be great.
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

i am not sure what s/u is, is like credit or no-credit? if so, i believe that it would be better to do that than withdraw from the class.

also, since it isn't one of your core prereq classes, i don't think it would be that big of a deal, as long as you don't make a habit of it.

Hey Newton,

If S/U is satisfactory/unsatisfactory - then I'd choose that. However, if you feel that you may end up with a U - I'd recommend the W. I had to withdrawl from a core biology class because I had to have surgery and my grade in the class was about 55%... Upon speaking with an advisor, I found out that one W is okay, as long as you make it up and do well. As jdub said, I wouldn't make a habit of it.
Hope that helps you out! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think the W is a good idea, but I would recommend you go for the S/U option. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not certain, but it seems like med schools may look disfavorably upon a W, whereas they might just glance over an S/U provided that you get an S in the class.

Many thanks to those who replied, ya an S/U is satisfactort-unsatisfactory. Sorry I wasn't more clear on that. As a matter of fact I think I am gonna' ride out the rest of the class. The pisser about this class is that it is all essay and one wrong word means loss of points and when the whole test is out of 30 points it makes a huge impact. I won't make excuses, but the TA's could be a little less anal :rolleyes:
Thanks all, N