Saba 2010 match list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krust3

medical vagabond
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Page editing makes it look like there's only 10 IM matches, but it's alphabetical and the IM list on the bottom right hand side of the 1st page continues onto the left upper hand side of the second page.

2) They didn't list multiple matches at the same hospital/program so the numbers are a little off.

3) The prelim surg and categorical sugery matches weren't separated.

this is the 2010 match list:
http://www.saba.edu/saba/images/Forms/2010_residency.pdf

this is the link to the past several match years:
http://www.saba.edu/saba/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53

My thoughts as a 2010 grad... not bad, especially the canadien matches. Similar outcomes to years past re: matches in university vs. community programs and scope of specialties represented.

Members don't see this ad.

also remember, some people don't report where they get matched.

Thanks for the info Krust (and congrats on your radiology residency! you must be so excited)

What are the options for non-US citizens (ie. Canadians) if they don't get matched in Canada. Someone a long time ago (Dr. Asad?) posted "an open letter to Canadian IMGs" or something similar outlining all the barriers to Canadians trying to match from Saba back into CaRMS (Canadian res. matching service).

All those visas (J1, H1B, etc.) confuse me. If you understand the process or (and I'm sure you did) graduated with any Canadians, could you let me know how that whole system works?

How did the Canadians in your year fair in the match, us or canadian. As the above poster mentioned, some people just don't report their matches. Any insights would be great, I'm seriously considering the Caribbean but am worried about the debt incurred + the possibility of not matching after graduation.

i don't have specifics with which to answer your questions unfortunately since i don't know the number of ERAS & CaRMS participants vs number who matched and where.

here's the deal for ALL caribbean students applying in the U.S.....
#1 acquiring a residency match in any specialty is more difficult as an IMG.
#2 matching as an carib grad and NON-US citizen is even more difficult. many of my classmates had a tough time getting a "safe" number of interviews from H1/J1 sponsoring programs.

Don't get me wrong though, we had some kick ass canadien matches. as far as caribbean schools go, i think Saba in particular has developed a strong CARMS match history.

if you're canadien then you should definitely participate in both the U.S. and canadien matches. many canadiens put themselves at a significant disadvantage by only applying to one or the other.