• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo0984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2005
Status
You're from NY, so you know that residency education directors in your area are very familiar with Sackler, as well as DO programs. Where do you go to school and why?

Apparition

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
I would go to Sackler, it seems like a great school/experience, if there was nothing holding me back in the states.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Sackler is in Israel right? I assume that you will still be a FMG? I really don't think either way would hurt you, but personally I would go DO.

About the Ads

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
Timbo0984 said:
You're from NY, so you know that residency education directors in your area are very familiar with Sackler, as well as DO programs. Where do you go to school and why?
NY is a very DO friendly state and there would be many opportunities for you.

DrMike24

eat, drink, and be merry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I dont have any proof to back this up, but I am pretty sure that I have heard that graduates receive pretty competitive residency spots in and around the NY area. But like army doc said, you would be a fmg. Although it is not that bad coming from such a technologically and medically advanced country. I would try to find a match list, or possibly talk to former students?

kasha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2005
Status
sackler is AMAZING!!!

also i know it is regarded as much better than the other offshore programs.

Phil Anthropist

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Visit site
Status
No duplicate threads, please. Feel free to contribute to the open thread in the Pre-Osteopathic forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads