SAEM Meeting - Worth it for MSI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SJBX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The SAEM meeting is going to be relatively close for me this year as it is in NYC. I was considering going to the Student Symposium on Sat. For those familar with the symposium, is it beneficial for a first year student. Normally I would go to something like this, but since it will cost me $100 ($75 to + $25 because I'm not a SAEM member) and a little bit for transportation, I want to make sure it is worth it. Any advice??? Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

Actually I would doubt it. I recommend you take a look at the itinerary. It really doesnt pertain too much to MSI's I think it is basically geared to MSIII's. I will be there. Anyone else?

What do people think is the best way to spend my time while I am there? I mean in terms of my career. FYI I lived in NYC for a yr and have visited numerous times so I dont need to sightsee.

Thanks
Ectopic

EctopicFetus said:
Actually I would doubt it. I recommend you take a look at the itinerary. It really doesnt pertain too much to MSI's I think it is basically geared to MSIII's. I will be there...

Hmmm.. the SAEM meetings are great in that the student symposiums generally include some type of informal get together with regional program directors and faculty. I agree with ectopy- this venue is generally geared to clinical students so that you can arrange rotations and ask directed questions from programs themselves. Of course, any information is always beneficial. Since you mentioned budgetary concerns, it might do you some good to save up for a trip during the MSIII year.