Safety Schools?

Started by pharmerted
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmerted

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you think are good safety schools? (Assume out of state status)

I am just concerned that I may not be able to get into some of my first choice schools.
 
I don't believe in the concept of "safety schools." With the number of applicants greatly increasing in the past few years, I think all schools in general are a challenge to get into. Some may be more challenging than others, but I wouldn't classify the least challenging ones as " safety schools."
 
I agree that there are no such things as safety schools. To even claim a school as a "safety school" is an insult to that school and their program. I had a professor tell me that all the pharmacy schools are in the top 100...if you know what I mean.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
These days, admissions to the charter class of new programs could be competitive. I'm sure it won't be a cinch to get into the new University of the Incarnate Word, or Texas A&M Kingsville programs.
 
Safety schools don't exist. It is competitive at every school. Check out the stats thread.