MHA Saint Joseph's University/ GW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michellem915

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I recently decided to pursue an MHA degree after doing a whole lot of research. My undergrad was all geared toward doing Occupational Therapy and as soon as I started doing some volunteer work, I really hated it. Since I have a minor in business I decided to go after an MHA. I'm applying to Saint Joseph's University and George Washington University. I know it is a bit late in the cycle and the deadlines are coming up quickly, however, I have spoken with admissions counselors and program directors at both schools and they seemed to be very optimistic about my application.

Are there any students from either school that can give insight on either of these programs or my chances of being accepted? Thanks!!

Major: Health Sciences
Minor: Business Studies
GPA: 3.46, Program: 3.62
GRE: 152V 143Q 4.5AW
LOR: 1 from major program director/professor, 1 from employer (lawyer), 1 from Track & Field Coach

Volunteer Work: Muscular Dystrophy Association summer camp counselor, over 150 hours volunteering in a rehabilitation hospital & outpatient rehab facility, various service learning projects with university

Work Experience: No solid healthcare related work experience, worked as a receptionist in a law firm as well as on campus work-study (athletic facilities staff) and as a supervisor at a grocery store

Extras: DIII Track & Field Athlete, Dean's List, Scholar Athlete Award

Members don't see this ad.