Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impromptu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There may be a current opening for a CA-1 position at Saint Louis University. If there are any current CA-1s looking to move to the St. Louis area, or PGY2+ wishing to make the glorious leap to anesthesiology from another specialty, here is a link to their website.

http://anesthesia.slu.edu/residency/

Members don't see this ad.

I've been told that the department has the go ahead to begin recruitment. I don't know what it means beyond that.

I'm assuming that if they found a good match, that person would begin working as soon as licensing, privileges, and all that other paperwork stuff was out of the way. My feeling is this isn't a wait until July 1st thing.

I believe ERAS application materials and 3 letters of recommendation are what they are looking for.

Members don't see this ad :)
ive called and they are recruiting for clinical base year, so categorical. might not be for CA-1 this july but for clinical base year first, then categorical.

if anyone knows of a CA-1 for this July 2011, please let me know!

Strange, the email that was sent to us was that they are now recruiting to try and fill the resident's spot, who was a CA-1.

Impromptu, you were correct, they are accepting applications. Thanks for the heads up.

What do you all think about that place? They are looking for a Peds Anesthesiologist and I am thinking of interviewing there.

Thank you

Not familiar with peds or anesthesia there specifically, but it's an OK hospital. It doesn't have a bad reputation or anything. Historically Catholic hospital in the midwest, medium to large sized city. It's a pretty urban environment, and they probably see quite a few poor people, but it's not located in a skid row/war zone area or anything.

apparently the spot has been filled. just fyi to all of your waiting

Apparently the recruiting team found an outstanding resident who is going to start as a CA-1 this July. I was hoping they could have found someone to transfer over as a current CA-1, but this is good news, too. Thanks to all of those who showed an interest.

While I know of no specific openings, I think academic places are always looking to find outstanding attendings who have a passion for teaching (and are good at it). I'd encourage anyone interested in such a position to contact the department and see what might be available.

Last edited: