-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Africa and Middle East salam ya arab
Started by mimica
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi Mimica,
I can't answer your question - but I have one for you. I am an American MS, and looking to do some type of volunteer work this summer in Palestine on some type of medical relief mission. Do you have any ideas?
I can't answer your question - but I have one for you. I am an American MS, and looking to do some type of volunteer work this summer in Palestine on some type of medical relief mission. Do you have any ideas?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi rox I am fine thanks
ya we study md in Arabic I wish we study it in English
many universities taught md in English I wonder why we study in Arabic
its hard when u want to specialize or continue studying abroad we face many difficulties lack of language and also lack of medicine
so I am asking about the books to improve my self I don't want to be a bad doctor so if u know any titles of good books can u tell me
ya we study md in Arabic I wish we study it in English
many universities taught md in English I wonder why we study in Arabic
its hard when u want to specialize or continue studying abroad we face many difficulties lack of language and also lack of medicine
so I am asking about the books to improve my self I don't want to be a bad doctor so if u know any titles of good books can u tell me
hi rox I am fine thanks
ya we study md in Arabic I wish we study it in English
many universities taught md in English I wonder why we study in Arabic
its hard when u want to specialize or continue studying abroad we face many difficulties lack of language and also lack of medicine
so I am asking about the books to improve my self I don't want to be a bad doctor so if u know any titles of good books can u tell me
they are studying the possibilities to teach in English as I know
but you are not going to be a bad doctor just because of that
you know that most of our students get over 95% in steps exams
Best of luck😎
Good news: in one of the statistics they say 6% of residents in US hospitals come from Syria.
I'm afraid I can't help you with the books thing, but I'm sure if you do a search you'll find some answer.
hi Rox,
in fact I did a lot of searching but still I found nothing....thanx any way
there is no way I think but keep in the way of spending lots of time hardly reading these books....it is getting easier though
best of luck
Good news: in one of the statistics they say 6% of residents in US hospitals come from Syria.
I'm afraid I can't help you with the books thing, but I'm sure if you do a search you'll find some answer.
thank u anyway syrian students are Clever but they need good opportunities
its great news maybe it will be 10 % soon 😀
hi Rox,
in fact I did a lot of searching but still I found nothing....thanx any way
there is no way I think but keep in the way of spending lots of time hardly reading these books....it is getting easier though
best of luck
hi Angilica
how r u?
u r right i searched a lot i found many titles but i dont know what is the best for me in this stage
thanks take care
The easisest way is to ask students one year after you, they konw better.
ya u r right but i didnt know any one 😀
i will ask
i will give it a try😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi mimica,
Nice to her from u in Syria. Although arabic is our mother language, studying in arabic is equaly difficult to study in english. You may face some difficulty in ur post graduate studies but it will never be a barrier if u are ambitious person 😎 . These are the books that I used and found useful:
Internal Medicine:
1.Oxford hand book of clinical Medicine: Small hand book very useful for quick reading.
2.Small version of Harrison's manual of medicine: u can use this or the above one
3.NMS for medicine: you can use it as reference book. Will Organized format for each conditions.
Surgery:
1.Churchill's Pocketbook of surgery: small book
2.NMS surgery: reference book
I hope that u find this useful, if u still have any Q dont hesitate to ask
Nice to her from u in Syria. Although arabic is our mother language, studying in arabic is equaly difficult to study in english. You may face some difficulty in ur post graduate studies but it will never be a barrier if u are ambitious person 😎 . These are the books that I used and found useful:
Internal Medicine:
1.Oxford hand book of clinical Medicine: Small hand book very useful for quick reading.
2.Small version of Harrison's manual of medicine: u can use this or the above one
3.NMS for medicine: you can use it as reference book. Will Organized format for each conditions.
Surgery:
1.Churchill's Pocketbook of surgery: small book
2.NMS surgery: reference book
I hope that u find this useful, if u still have any Q dont hesitate to ask

Hi mimica,
Nice to her from u in Syria. Although arabic is our mother language, studying in arabic is equaly difficult to study in english. You may face some difficulty in ur post graduate studies but it will never be a barrier if u are ambitious person 😎 . These are the books that I used and found useful:
Internal Medicine:
1.Oxford hand book of clinical Medicine: Small hand book very useful for quick reading.
2.Small version of Harrison's manual of medicine: u can use this or the above one
3.NMS for medicine: you can use it as reference book. Will Organized format for each conditions.
Surgery:
1.Churchill's Pocketbook of surgery: small book
2.NMS surgery: reference book
I hope that u find this useful, if u still have any Q dont hesitate to ask![]()
thanks a lot thanks 🙂
ur right studying in Arabic is hard too i have to organize my time
Can u advice me how?
Where r u studying?
Thank u again and dont worry I will not hesitate to ask for help
Hi Mimica,
I am studying in one of the Arabian Gulf schools.
Tips to study:
1. Stud y all the lecture day by day dont delay: (it is easy to say but hard to do) try ur best and if u cant catch up during the week try to finish it during the weekend
2. Try to start with a simple format book that give u an outline of the topic befor you go to more complicated textbooks.
3. Take notes during the lectures and try to find the important topics or pieces of information the lecturer focousing on (highlite it for your exam time)
4. If you are doing the clinical part:try to read about the patients u see in the hospital
I am studying in one of the Arabian Gulf schools.
Tips to study:
1. Stud y all the lecture day by day dont delay: (it is easy to say but hard to do) try ur best and if u cant catch up during the week try to finish it during the weekend
2. Try to start with a simple format book that give u an outline of the topic befor you go to more complicated textbooks.
3. Take notes during the lectures and try to find the important topics or pieces of information the lecturer focousing on (highlite it for your exam time)
4. If you are doing the clinical part:try to read about the patients u see in the hospital
Hi Mimica,
I am studying in one of the Arabian Gulf schools.
Tips to study:
1. Stud y all the lecture day by day dont delay: (it is easy to say but hard to do) try ur best and if u cant catch up during the week try to finish it during the weekend
2. Try to start with a simple format book that give u an outline of the topic befor you go to more complicated textbooks.
3. Take notes during the lectures and try to find the important topics or pieces of information the lecturer focousing on (highlite it for your exam time)
4. If you are doing the clinical part:try to read about the patients u see in the hospital
Hi how r u Brave Heart? im sorry I was busy this week I couldnt reply ur post I started school
Its too hard to go to the hospital and then take lectures in uni
I am so tired and till now I didn't study there is no time but I ll start tomorrow
Thanks for the help ? I ll try to do the best
Thanks
Hi Mimica,
I am studying in one of the Arabian Gulf schools.
Tips to study:
1. Stud y all the lecture day by day dont delay: (it is easy to say but hard to do) try ur best and if u cant catch up during the week try to finish it during the weekend
2. Try to start with a simple format book that give u an outline of the topic befor you go to more complicated textbooks.
3. Take notes during the lectures and try to find the important topics or pieces of information the lecturer focousing on (highlite it for your exam time)
4. If you are doing the clinical part:try to read about the patients u see in the hospital
Hi Brave heart - or can I call you William wallas?😉
Hi Mimica
good advices but wanted to add this , for the medical terms always try to find the English name of any disease, organ...etc and try to memorize it
an easy way to memorize these is to find a group in your year and try to discuss the disease or cases in English...it could be hard in the beginning but it works
the easiest way to remember and find out what med terms mean go to the roots ,suffix and prefix - check my post in the general international discussion - and DO NOT USE DICTIONARY it harms you so much
try to understand the word without dictionaries and analyze this
go to the local website I have told you and check how to analyze it-
Best of Luck Mimica
hi how r u? How is school?
i miss sdn a lot but I am too busy
thank u a lot ur post is good and helpful
i like it so much
i ll try to analyze the words with out any dictionaries
today I ll start studying
i have a lot to study i ll start with dermatology but i didn't buy derm book yet coz i don't know which is the best one but ill ask they told me that the derm book in Damascus is good some of my friends bought it but i didn't see it yet
maybe i need atlas to see the cases i don't know till now
take care
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K