Salaries

Started by vugu62
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vugu62

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone see salaries of Surgeons, ie., general, vascular, thoracic, neuro, orthopedic, ortho-spine, going down or increasing?? What is the best salary you have ever heard for a surgeon in any field?
 
I really don't know the answer to your question. I can tell you, however, that the state you practice in can make a big difference in your overall salary. This is due to the differences in the cost of malpractice insurance (which tend to be high in surgery).

Taking this into consideration, as long as you practice in a state w/ reasonable malpractice rates, money should never be an issue in your life. Finding time to enjoy all that hard-earned cash might a problem, though. 🙂
 
Malpractice insurance does make a difference in your bottom line, but the main factor is reimbursements which will differ greatly by region. Although previous posters are correct in that surveys are often inaccurate, I would recommend checking out Medical Economics ( memag.com) for more info. Check their yearly surveys section. I think the data for last year is out now.