Salary for Biomed Engineer with MD/PhD

Started by 123med321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

123med321

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I have seen stats on salary for biomedical engineers with PhD's, but not with MD's or with MD's and PhD's. Does anyone know if there is a difference in pay?
 
Depends on where you work, medical specialty, and how much relative time is spent seeing patients clinically.
 
I may be wrong, but I don't think that biomedical engineers meet with patients. I mean, what is the salary for a biomedical engineer (not a practicing physician) with md/phd.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may be wrong, but I don't think that biomedical engineers meet with patients. I mean, what is the salary for a biomedical engineer (not a practicing physician) with md/phd.

😕

What bunker was telling you is that your salary almost entirely depends on the job you do, not your qualifications. To simplify everything down...

If you use your MD/PhD to be entirely clinical, you will make clinical dollars.
If you use your MD/PhD to be entirely research, you will make research dollars.
If you use your degree to blend the two, you will probably make some blend of the two dollar amounts.

In case you don't know, clinical pays much better than research in most areas of medicine.
 
and there's also industry to consider, which again depends on the job you're doing rather than just what degree(s) you have