salary for research fellow

Discussion in 'Student Research and Publishing' started by drartale, Jul 17, 2006.

1. drartale

drartale Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello guys I was just curious to know how much is the salary for a postgraduate research fellow at a big institution in NYC for example.Thanks for any reply! :luck:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. relentless11

relentless11 Going broke and loving it
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Depends what level you are at, what your previous experience, and the degrees you hold.

I think it can vary from $31k to $64k/yr as a non-student postgraduate researcher under the University of California. Obviously if you already hold a graduate or professional degree, the pay level will be higher.

3. RxnMan

RxnMan Who, me? A doctor?
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I've seen 25-40k for BS graduates (pro lab monekys), and as high as 60-70k for MD, post-residency fellowships/post-docs (these guys moonlight as attending physicians). Like relentless said, it depends on your level.

Check out any university's website and look for 'employmewnt opportunities.' You'll get a listing of jobs and salaries.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jocomama

Jocomama Make 'em bleed!
    2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I spend the last 2 years at a prestigious University East of the Mississippi but my PI doesn't have an NIH grant. I got $25K a year. But it was worth it.
    Now I get to double my salary as a PGY7 in surgical fellowship.
    I should have stayed in Banking!
    Good luck - I loved what I did - so the money wasn't an issue.