salary for research fellow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drartale

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys I was just curious to know how much is the salary for a postgraduate research fellow at a big institution in NYC for example.Thanks for any reply! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

drartale said:
Hello guys I was just curious to know how much is the salary for a postgraduate research fellow at a big institution in NYC for example.Thanks for any reply! :luck:

Depends what level you are at, what your previous experience, and the degrees you hold.

I think it can vary from $31k to $64k/yr as a non-student postgraduate researcher under the University of California. Obviously if you already hold a graduate or professional degree, the pay level will be higher.

drartale said:
I've seen 25-40k for BS graduates (pro lab monekys), and as high as 60-70k for MD, post-residency fellowships/post-docs (these guys moonlight as attending physicians). Like relentless said, it depends on your level.

Check out any university's website and look for 'employmewnt opportunities.' You'll get a listing of jobs and salaries.

I spend the last 2 years at a prestigious University East of the Mississippi but my PI doesn't have an NIH grant. I got $25K a year. But it was worth it.
Now I get to double my salary as a PGY7 in surgical fellowship.
I should have stayed in Banking!
Good luck - I loved what I did - so the money wasn't an issue.

drartale said: