Salary of Formulation Scientist in Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ThomasThomas

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, anyone knows how much the salary is for a formulation scientist right after graduation from PhD. The location is Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks a lot.
 
Wow - would that be you??? That seems to be a pretty specific request in an obscure field. I gotta admit...I've never heard of a PhD in formulation science...but...maybe you'll get an answer. Could the degree perhaps be in a different field (molecular biochemistry, etc...) or from a different country?
 
Thaks for reply. You are right. PhD in a different field. I agree it is a very specific quesiton. I hope someone can give me an estimated number 🙂

sdn1977 said:
Wow - would that be you??? That seems to be a pretty specific request in an obscure field. I gotta admit...I've never heard of a PhD in formulation science...but...maybe you'll get an answer. Could the degree perhaps be in a different field (molecular biochemistry, etc...) or from a different country?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well Thomas....I'm not in that field, so I can't give you specific info.

Have you tried to speak with colleagues within your field of PhD? If drug development is what you are looking into...I can't really say much of that goes on in Phoenix. The hot areas are SF Bay, San Diego, NC, parts of Texas for oncology. The Mayo Clinic opened a facility in Scottsdale - could that be close enough? I'm not sure they do the kind of research you want...but it could be a place to start.

Perhaps you could get an appt at one of the universities as a researcher/instructor.

I know that drug development with regard to animals goes on in Sacto/Davis area, Kentucky & development of drugs for plant pathology is widespread....but I'm not sure I've ever seen anything in Phoenix.

Good luck!
 
Thank you so much!

sdn1977 said:
Well Thomas....I'm not in that field, so I can't give you specific info.

Have you tried to speak with colleagues within your field of PhD? If drug development is what you are looking into...I can't really say much of that goes on in Phoenix. The hot areas are SF Bay, San Diego, NC, parts of Texas for oncology. The Mayo Clinic opened a facility in Scottsdale - could that be close enough? I'm not sure they do the kind of research you want...but it could be a place to start.

Perhaps you could get an appt at one of the universities as a researcher/instructor.

I know that drug development with regard to animals goes on in Sacto/Davis area, Kentucky & development of drugs for plant pathology is widespread....but I'm not sure I've ever seen anything in Phoenix.

Good luck!
 
sdn1977 said:
Well Thomas....I'm not in that field, so I can't give you specific info.

Have you tried to speak with colleagues within your field of PhD? If drug development is what you are looking into...I can't really say much of that goes on in Phoenix. The hot areas are SF Bay, San Diego, NC, parts of Texas for oncology. The Mayo Clinic opened a facility in Scottsdale - could that be close enough? I'm not sure they do the kind of research you want...but it could be a place to start.

Perhaps you could get an appt at one of the universities as a researcher/instructor.

I know that drug development with regard to animals goes on in Sacto/Davis area, Kentucky & development of drugs for plant pathology is widespread....but I'm not sure I've ever seen anything in Phoenix.

Good luck!

I tell you what's hot in Phoenix/Scottsdale area besides the temperature which makes people sponteneously combust... Women. Scottsdale by far has the most beautiful people in the US...closely followed by Dallas Metroplex. 😍
 
sdn1977 said:
Wow - would that be you??? That seems to be a pretty specific request in an obscure field. I gotta admit...I've never heard of a PhD in formulation science...but...maybe you'll get an answer. Could the degree perhaps be in a different field (molecular biochemistry, etc...) or from a different country?
My sister specializes in drug formulation, and her degree was PhD in pharmaceutical science (from a medical school). She actually took some of the classes that the regular pharmacy school students took, and then later on she was a TA for their pharmaceutics lab.

For the original poster, I don't actually know what her starting (or current) salary is, but I have never heard her mention anything about AZ. She has spent most of her career in the Philadelphia area, and is now in NC. You will definitely be geographically constrained.