Salus vs. UIWRSO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiee08

Reaction score
I recently got accepted to both programs and wanted to ask for opinions about them because I'm having hard time choosing.
I am from Texas, so moving to San Antonio will be quicker/easier but I'm also open to experiencing a different city.
UIWRSO offered me scholarship for the first year. Tuition is around the same for both schools.
If you chose either program, can you tell me why? Also if you're a current student what do you like about it? (curriculum, clinical experience, faculty, student body, etc.)
Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I go to Salus -- I've posted previously on why I like this school. I don't know much about UIWRSO but I wouldn't suggest Salus to you because of your location. There is not much "experience" to the city that Salus is situated in. Housing options are awful, and not much time to explore Philly anyways. Maybe the only pro is that we see a lot of diverse patients at our clinic (majority being of African American descent). Financially, at least for the first year, UIWRSO seems more feasible.

I go to Salus -- I've posted previously on why I like this school. I don't know much about UIWRSO but I wouldn't suggest Salus to you because of your location. There is not much "experience" to the city that Salus is situated in. Housing options are awful, and not much time to explore Philly anyways. Maybe the only pro is that we see a lot of diverse patients at our clinic (majority being of African American descent). Financially, at least for the first year, UIWRSO seems more feasible.
I appreciate your input! Yes what drew me to Salus was the early exposure to clinical practice and the fact that the program has been around for a while. After reading your advice, I think financially it makes more sense and it helps me to know a bit more about the area. Thank you so much! Wishing you the best in your future.

Reactions: 1 user