Same-day or next-day post game analysis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lunasly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see what others think about reviewing answers to a passage right after completing it vs. going over it the next day.

The downside of doing it on the same day is that you can't get through as many passages. However, the advantage is that you get to take care of your mistakes then and there with the hopes that you can answer the question correctly if it happens to show up in the next passage of next few passages that you do for that day (big upside). I feel like I am wasting passages by not doing this.

The upside of leaving it to the next day is that you can get through a lot more passages. The downside is the opposite of the above.

What do you guys prefer? Why is it typically favoured to leave post-game analysis for the next day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd just go with what works for you. For some types of passages, it might be more beneficial for some to review the same day and others the day after. All told, you won't actually be going through more passages per day. Reason being, if you load up on passages one day, the next will have more post test review.

Members don't see this ad :)
In general I used to do same day analysis, however as I have been refining my study techniques, I have found that the next day review works better for me

I'm also curious to know how you guys do post-game analysis for the sciences. For questions that you got wrong (or right for the wrong reasons), what did you do with regard to retaining that information? Did you write notes or make a flashcard based on the mistake? What if its a larger conceptual mistake or a mistake due to a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of information in the passage.

Whenever I get a question wrong, I like to write out the answer that BR provides for me on a separate page in my own notes, especially for questions that I did not understand right away. Is this a good use of my time? Do you guys just read the answer and not write anything down?

I don't know if I'll have time in the end to go back and read these notes I'm making, so I'm just trying to make the best use of my time.

Last edited:
When I get an answer wrong for science, I try to re-read the passage/question and see if I get it right. If not, I will quickly review the section I am lacking and move on.