Same topics tested on the mcat over a year

Started by Dick Jones
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Well yeah...all of the topics are listed on the website, so they are going to be the same year to year. Obviously, not all of them can be tested on single MCAT though.

At the end of the year, the aamc compiles a normal curve and I think the knowledge they test is the basis for the curve. Therefore, every exam in a year may test the same knowledge/topics but uses different questions to do so..... The following year the topics may change......but I feel that in order for them to make the curve there must be similarities between the exams taken in the same year.......


"No one cared who I was...'til I put on the mask...." -BANE-
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the end of the year, the aamc compiles a normal curve and I think the knowledge they test is the basis for the curve. Therefore, every exam in a year may test the same knowledge/topics but uses different questions to do so..... The following year the topics may change......but I feel that in order for them to make the curve there must be similarities between the exams taken in the same year.......


"No one cared who I was...'til I put on the mask...." -BANE-

on the aamc website they mention there are experimental items during the test that aren't calculated into the score. this is how they determine the difficulty of a question and thus set the curve (curve is a bad word.. i meant scale)
 
on the aamc website they mention there are experimental items during the test that aren't calculated into the score. this is how they determine the difficulty of a question and thus set the curve (curve is a bad word.. i meant scale)

Lol makes sense.....on every mcat there are questions that aren't scored? How many?


"No one cared who I was...'til I put on the mask...." -BANE-
 
Lol makes sense.....on every mcat there are questions that aren't scored? How many?


"No one cared who I was...'til I put on the mask...." -BANE-

no one knows and they wont tell you because it defeats the purpose of objectivity. if people knew the question wont count, obviously they wont spend the effort on it or even just guess and no scale could be determined.