californiamed

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
Status
Hello. I'm only a sophomore in college, but I want to get a good idea of the questions the AMCAS asks on the apps, such as volunteer work ?'s, awards, etc. Is there a website that has that info?
Thanks!

Jun 20, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
You only need to enter <15 activities you have been involved with, give dates and contact info, and less than 1300ish words about it. Then there's a personal statement - why do you want to be a doctor. That's it. The only things I would worry about as a sophomore as far as the AMCAS goes is keeping good records about your activities.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2008
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i just opened an amcas account when i was in sophomore yr in college to see everything :D

About the Ads

Stratego

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2009
Status
Just create an account and start filling things in to see how the application works. It won't keep most of the information when a new application year starts. I think you have to fill in the identifying info in secion #1 before you can procede to the Activities section.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads