Sample DAT study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting a lot of PMs about this "6-week program"...

Since I wasn't sure what everyone's science background is, I stretched it out to 8 weeks.... However you can EASILY convert the first 4 weeks into just 2 if you have a strong science background.

I am going to post the entire study guide here on this thread, I'll post it over 8 posts (1 post per each week).... There are 2 versions, both are very good and will get the job done if you put in your time. Start with 1 version and STICK to it, don't flip flop around, either do the KBB or the CHADS, and its not necessary to do both once your done with one.

Word of advice, the first 4 weeks are pretty harsh. Your looking at 8-12 hours of studying a day.... Again you DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS, but its there for you if you need it

I came up with this guide from reading the MCAT 10-week home-study program created by exam krackers, I liked it a lot and wanted to implement it for the DAT on a 8-week program

This is based on the following resources:
-Kaplan blue book (KBB) (2009-2010 version)
-Cliff's AP biology (3rd edition from 2007)
-DAT destroyer (2010 version)
-MATH destroyer (2010 version ~ I believe it has 11 tests)
-Crack DAT PAT software (the 10 test version)
-Chads chemistry and math videos (Optional)

Please understand that this is JUST A GUIDELINE, no one has to follow it 100%, there is no guarantee that you will score a high or low score by following it. Its mostly designed for those new folks around SDN who don't really know how or where to start studying for the DAT. This is my strategy, and I believe it will serve many.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 21 users
Could someone please post purchase links to the two destroyer books? Or hint a site that I can purchase from? I cannot seem to find it on amazon and only through individual sellers on random forums. Thanks in advance.

Once again studying for DAT!!!Exited that i found this !! I will follow this instructions and hopefully will do better.. I will start studying this monday coming up January 24 till June 4 which is my tentative test day...I have all the materials and this time i will follow your week by week schedule... I will try to go over all these material twice since i have like 4.5 months to study .Thanks-:)

Members don't see this ad :)
by the way i noticed that for the CLiffs AP biology book (2007) is not 2nd edition but rather 3rd edition..

Also do you think there is a big difference if i used the DAT DESTROYER 2011 version or 2009 edition instead of the 2010?

by the way i noticed that for the CLiffs AP biology book (2007) is not 2nd edition but rather 3rd edition..

Also do you think there is a big difference if i used the DAT DESTROYER 2011 version or 2009 edition instead of the 2010?

You are right about the cliff's AP, the 2007 is 3rd, not 2nd.

About the destroyer umm.... I can't really answer that since I used the 2009 version. I do know orgoman adds more questions to each of the sections for each new printing... whether those "additions" are worth buying the new book is up to you

Tackling this study program...I have already done a lot of work on PAT and math so its gonna be more of the science review.. right now im getting 21's on both math and PAT...and well pretty low on the sciences according to the crack the science program.. I will post my scores soon.. thank you for this

This is a weird question.. For those of you have have followed or are following this amazing plan, are you doing it while taking full time classes???

This is a weird question.. For those of you have have followed or are following this amazing plan, are you doing it while taking full time classes???

I'm in the middle of taking classes right now.. However, I knew I was going to be studying for the DAT while taking classes, so I decided to cut back on the amount of hours I took this semester.. I'm curently taking 14 as opposed to 16-19 all other semesters... I'm planning on starting the 8 week program, with a few changes here and there, at the start of next week.. I will spend an abundant of time during spring break also studying and will probly schedule the DAT for the end of May so that I can have a couple weeks more to study when I am done with classes.... Thats what i'm doing.... I hope this helps... And please, if anyone reading doesn't think this is a good idea for me, I would happy to hear opinions!

Thanks for a great schedule! I'm interested in taking the OAT and this provides a great framework for setting up a schedule for myself.

I am inspired....

I have a question though. Will my 2004-2005 edition of Kaplan's Blue Book be okay to study from?

Or should i buy the latest version?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so inspired after feeling so lost and daunted.

I am inspired....

I have a question though. Will my 2004-2005 edition of Kaplan's Blue Book be okay to study from?

Or should i buy the latest version?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so inspired after feeling so lost and daunted.

I don't know... stop by a local Barnes and Nobels and compare the 2... and come back and tell us, Im curious to know how much those kaplan books change

I don't know... stop by a local Barnes and Nobels and compare the 2... and come back and tell us, Im curious to know how much those kaplan books change

before I came upon your thread with all those other study materials...i was just gonna study off the Kaplan book...and maybe get Topscore to do practice tests...

Inadequate??

Members don't see this ad :)
before I came upon your thread with all those other study materials...i was just gonna study off the Kaplan book...and maybe get Topscore to do practice tests...

Inadequate??

Kaplan book alone is inadequate.... I have never heard of anyone using ONLY the kaplan book and getting a respectable score

If you guys don't mind me asking, how successful were you guys in achieving the scores you wanted? The reason why I'm asking is because I did the online Kaplan program last cycle and that obviously didn't work to my advantage because I did decent on the DAT's. So I need a new method of studying!! If this really helped someone achieve their scores, please post because I need to start studying soon!!

Dworks, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for putting so much time into this to help us other folks out!!!! Very VERY kind of you!!

Am going to print this out and keep it until I am getting ready to study for my DAT's in 2 years! Hopefully the material won't change that much!

Thanks so so much!

Does anyone think that using Barrons and Cliff's for Bio together instead of KBB and Cliff's? I just think KBB is too diluted...

which crack dat pat do i get? their are two with ten tests! royal edition for 200 or the ace adition for 130??

which crack dat pat do i get? their are two with ten tests! royal edition for 200 or the ace adition for 130??

The 10-tests is what makes CrackDATPAT shine, its your choice if you wanna spend $130 or $200 :D

However with the royal edition ($200), I think you get extra practice (like a few thousand more) questions for certain topics. Did anyone find those questions worthy?

First, off I want to thank you for taking the time to put this program together. I have been following it to a "T" for the past 5 days. That being said I had two quick questions:
1.) On the question days where you have to answer a specific number of questions how long did that normally take? I currenly spend 6-7 hours a day studying and doing what your outline says, but on those question days it looks like it would only take 3 hours max, was that the case?
2.) What would you recommend for days that I can't follow the program. For instance, I work this Sunday 10am-5pm and then have to travel home to see my mother for Mother's day. I am wondering if I should just take the day off and be a day behind (then hopefully make the day/time up when I get to the question days). More importantly I am flying out to Las Vegas to visit UNLV's Dental School for 5 days and don't know how I would be able to complete the assigned program those days and don't want to fall 5 days behind in the program.

First, off I want to thank you for taking the time to put this program together. I have been following it to a "T" for the past 5 days. That being said I had two quick questions:
1.) On the question days where you have to answer a specific number of questions how long did that normally take? I currenly spend 6-7 hours a day studying and doing what your outline says, but on those question days it looks like it would only take 3 hours max, was that the case?
2.) What would you recommend for days that I can't follow the program. For instance, I work this Sunday 10am-5pm and then have to travel home to see my mother for Mother's day. I am wondering if I should just take the day off and be a day behind (then hopefully make the day/time up when I get to the question days). More importantly I am flying out to Las Vegas to visit UNLV's Dental School for 5 days and don't know how I would be able to complete the assigned program those days and don't want to fall 5 days behind in the program.

For 1) Well it depends on your background. The 25-ish GC and Orgo questions will go by quickly (maybe 2-3 hours just for those).... but the 35 biology questions will take more time.

Destroyer biology is VERY random, and alot of times, you'll be researching info on Wikipedia + biology text on many problems....This obviously eats up a good amount of time.

And also, you'll be running through 1 math destroyer test almost every day, thats another 1-2 hours just for math.....

Overall, your problem solving days (weeks 5-8) will still be using up a good 5-8 hours worth of studying.

For 2) No one is expected to follow the program 100%... matter of fact, its nearly impossible to do so (8 week of studying with only 2 days off? yeh right, no one can pull that off) HOWEVER its just a guideline thats (IMO) easy to shift-around and tailor according to your schedule.... If you miss 1 day of studying (like Sunday), shift the entire schedule 1 day. So your Sunday tasks are now dropped on Monday....

However, be careful when you shift things around. The concept I try to tell people is to study for this test in the shortest amount of time possible. YOu don't wanna extend the plan to 3+ months cause then, you'll start to forget material studied in the first month. Try to get the whole system done within 10-week period.

For 1) Well it depends on your background. The 25-ish GC and Orgo questions will go by quickly (maybe 2-3 hours just for those).... but the 35 biology questions will take more time.

Destroyer biology is VERY random, and alot of times, you'll be researching info on Wikipedia + biology text on many problems....This obviously eats up a good amount of time.

And also, you'll be running through 1 math destroyer test almost every day, thats another 1-2 hours just for math.....

Overall, your problem solving days (weeks 5-8) will still be using up a good 5-8 hours worth of studying.

For 2) No one is expected to follow the program 100%... matter of fact, its nearly impossible to do so (8 week of studying with only 2 days off? yeh right, no one can pull that off) HOWEVER its just a guideline thats (IMO) easy to shift-around and tailor according to your schedule.... If you miss 1 day of studying (like Sunday), shift the entire schedule 1 day. So your Sunday tasks are now dropped on Monday....

However, be careful when you shift things around. The concept I try to tell people is to study for this test in the shortest amount of time possible. YOu don't wanna extend the plan to 3+ months cause then, you'll start to forget material studied in the first month. Try to get the whole system done within 10-week period.
Thank you for your response! I am already signed up to take the DAT June 28th, so I should be good in that aspect. I am going to studying my butt off for two months and then do my best on it. I think what I might do is take my binder with all my notes from the previous chapters I have read and just try to review those on days I can't sit down and follow the program. Thanks again for all your help, it means a lot to me!

Awesome guide!

Quick question, my friend burned the Chad Videos and gave me a copy of all the videos - so I don't have access to the Chad Quizzes/Mini Tests at end of each chapter/section.

I was wondering what do you suggest as a good alternative instead of the chad quizzes?

(I have the Kaplan Review notes book from their course which has a few review problems for each GenChem/Ochem section that I could maybe use? Are chad quizzes an absolute must?)

Last edited:
Awesome guide!

Quick question, my friend burned the Chad Videos and gave me a copy of all the videos - so I don't have access to the Chad Quizzes/Mini Tests at end of each chapter/section.

I was wondering what do you suggest as a good alternative instead of the chad quizzes?

(I have the Kaplan Review notes book from their course which has a few review problems for each GenChem/Ochem section that I could maybe use? Are chad quizzes an absolute must?)

No theyr not... but they help reinforce the material for that lecture. If you don't have access to the quizzes, then I don't think there is anything out there that you can substitute.... I mean nothing is organized the same way as the videos. The end-of-chapter problems from the Kaplan white book (review notes) are pretty sweet ~ especially for GC. I guess you can do those when you have covered that material for chads.

IMO, the primary learning tool for GC and Orgo is destroyer.... Chad's quizzes are nice, but they aren't at the same level as destroyer.

so i was wondering if its okay to use the 2009 version of Dat destroyer..do we have to use the 2010 version. whats the difference

so i was wondering if its okay to use the 2009 version of Dat destroyer..do we have to use the 2010 version. whats the difference

Thats the version I used back in the day.

I don't know much about 2010 vs 2011 versions but I know for sure he adds more questions to each section. Like for my 2009 version, I think I had like 350 bio questions, but for 2010, he upped it to 377.

Just wanted to update you on how I am doing so far on this schedule. I alterned the program to fit how I thought I learned best and here is what I do:

On the reading days, where you only read and don't take notes, I read all the Cliffs AP bio chapter, KBB's chapters on Biology, GC, Orgo (and whatever additional stuff there is be it QR, etc).

Then on note days, I take notes from KBB bio and Cliffs AP bio chapters and then instead of taking notes from the KBB on GC or Orgo I watch a few of Chad's videos and take notes on those.

In my opinion it is a good blend of the two programs and it has been pretty nice. When I have time I obviously go back and skim the GC and Orgo parts of the KBB though.

I have just completed day 12 of this program and have been doing fairly well. I am all caught up on the Bio reading and note taking, as well as the GC and Orgo reading from the KBB. I am, however, a little behind on Chad's videos since I don't watch them every day like its listed in Chad's version of this program. All is well though! Thanks again for this program. You rock! :)

Just wanted to update you on how I am doing so far on this schedule. I alterned the program to fit how I thought I learned best and here is what I do:

On the reading days, where you only read and don't take notes, I read all the Cliffs AP bio chapter, KBB's chapters on Biology, GC, Orgo (and whatever additional stuff there is be it QR, etc).

Then on note days, I take notes from KBB bio and Cliffs AP bio chapters and then instead of taking notes from the KBB on GC or Orgo I watch a few of Chad's videos and take notes on those.

In my opinion it is a good blend of the two programs and it has been pretty nice. When I have time I obviously go back and skim the GC and Orgo parts of the KBB though.

I have just completed day 12 of this program and have been doing fairly well. I am all caught up on the Bio reading and note taking, as well as the GC and Orgo reading from the KBB. I am, however, a little behind on Chad's videos since I don't watch them every day like its listed in Chad's version of this program. All is well though! Thanks again for this program. You rock! :)

thats... pretty interesting. Never heard of anyone try that before. Let us know how it works out.

P.S I included this screen shot in post #10
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=9544221&postcount=10

1) My situation for each section is
Bio (missing some major concepts from undergrad)
PAT (seems like a nightmare, cant do it in time)
Reading (slow, cant seem to finish any practice test in time, really need to work on this)
GC (strong background, I am a Chem major)
OC (ok, need to review, but it would come to me sooner than bio)
Math (strong background from Math minor)

What would you suggest I should add to this schedule to fill these gaps? If you know any other prep books or practice problems (besides the one in the study program) that are helpful please mention them.

2) A lot of people mentioned about datQvault for bio (500 practice problems i think). I have EK 1001 Q series books (all sciences, topscore, kaplan practice tests). Do you think its necessary to buy datQvault or I have enough practice problems?

Thanks a lot for this awesome study schedule. It will motivate me to stay on my study and prevent procrastination :D

1) My situation for each section is
Bio (missing some major concepts from undergrad)
PAT (seems like a nightmare, cant do it in time)
Reading (slow, cant seem to finish any practice test in time, really need to work on this)
GC (strong background, I am a Chem major)
OC (ok, need to review, but it would come to me sooner than bio)
Math (strong background from Math minor)

What would you suggest I should add to this schedule to fill these gaps? If you know any other prep books or practice problems (besides the one in the study program) that are helpful please mention them.

2) A lot of people mentioned about datQvault for bio (500 practice problems i think). I have EK 1001 Q series books (all sciences, topscore, kaplan practice tests). Do you think its necessary to buy datQvault or I have enough practice problems?

Thanks a lot for this awesome study schedule. It will motivate me to stay on my study and prevent procrastination :D

For Bio, I wouldn't change anything. Just go through it the way its setup. If you see yourself reading a chapter/topic thats foreign, crack open your college biology text and read up on it. Campbells or Ravens are very good biology texts.

As for GC, if your background is THAT strong, I would take advantage of it, by mastering the hell out of GC. If you are up to the task, do the first 50 GC problems of DAT destroyer right now. See how you do. This will give you an idea if you need to skip the first 4 weeks of the review period for GC section.

The same thing goes for math. If its your strong point, FOCUS HARD on it. Cause (for example) if you can swing a 25 in GC and QR, this is going to work wonders for the AA....

A costly mistake some students do is they don't focus on their naturally strong areas and end up with not-so-stellar individual score on that particular section. If a person has a strong area, FOCUS ON IT, cause that means you have a greater chance of getting a phenomenal score (something like a 25+)

As far as reading goes.... Honestly I can't give you any advice, I suck at reading. During my practice tests from Godfrey, I never got anything different than 14-16.

As for PAT, don't worry about it lol. The first crack DAT PAT test I did, I got a 17. That was after going through PAT tutorial from KBB. Try to read this, it might give you an idea how to overcome PAT
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=675995
But really, don't worry too much about the PAT. Its the easiest section of the DAT.

As for datQvault.... This is a new resource to me. I have no experience with it. As far as EK-1001 series go, IMO, they are not better than DAT destroyer. I would only focus on both DAT and MATH destroyer books instead

hope this answers ur questions

Thanks for the reply. One of my friend who got into dental school also told me to use the same strategy you suggested. Try to focus on the strength and push it the furthest I can which will boost my AA.

I took many senior level chem classes quant, instrumental, pchem, inorganic which requires you to develop a strong gen chem background if you wanna do good. If any chem majors out there planning on taking DAT, try to take inorganic chem before you take DAT. It really teaches you how to apply your gen chem concepts.

I hope what you are saying about PAT is right. Its just hasnt been so straight forward to me so far. Thanks for the post on how to begin. Do you know if all the PAT strategies are combined in any post on SDN? I really need to dig them up

So do you think the DAT destroyer bio questions are adequate enough? I know that we don't have that many word problems in bio like MCAT but would it be a good idea to go through the EK 1001 for bio as well for extra practice or it would be a different direction?

Thanks for the reply

For Bio, I wouldn't change anything. Just go through it the way its setup. If you see yourself reading a chapter/topic thats foreign, crack open your college biology text and read up on it. Campbells or Ravens are very good biology texts.

As for GC, if your background is THAT strong, I would take advantage of it, by mastering the hell out of GC. If you are up to the task, do the first 50 GC problems of DAT destroyer right now. See how you do. This will give you an idea if you need to skip the first 4 weeks of the review period for GC section.

The same thing goes for math. If its your strong point, FOCUS HARD on it. Cause (for example) if you can swing a 25 in GC and QR, this is going to work wonders for the AA....

A costly mistake some students do is they don't focus on their naturally strong areas and end up with not-so-stellar individual score on that particular section. If a person has a strong area, FOCUS ON IT, cause that means you have a greater chance of getting a phenomenal score (something like a 25+)

As far as reading goes.... Honestly I can't give you any advice, I suck at reading. During my practice tests from Godfrey, I never got anything different than 14-16.

As for PAT, don't worry about it lol. The first crack DAT PAT test I did, I got a 17. That was after going through PAT tutorial from KBB. Try to read this, it might give you an idea how to overcome PAT
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=675995
But really, don't worry too much about the PAT. Its the easiest section of the DAT.

As for datQvault.... This is a new resource to me. I have no experience with it. As far as EK-1001 series go, IMO, they are not better than DAT destroyer. I would only focus on both DAT and MATH destroyer books instead

hope this answers ur questions

Thanks for the reply. One of my friend who got into dental school also told me to use the same strategy you suggested. Try to focus on the strength and push it the furthest I can which will boost my AA.

I took many senior level chem classes quant, instrumental, pchem, inorganic which requires you to develop a strong gen chem background if you wanna do good. If any chem majors out there planning on taking DAT, try to take inorganic chem before you take DAT. It really teaches you how to apply your gen chem concepts.

I hope what you are saying about PAT is right. Its just hasnt been so straight forward to me so far. Thanks for the post on how to begin. Do you know if all the PAT strategies are combined in any post on SDN? I really need to dig them up

So do you think the DAT destroyer bio questions are adequate enough? I know that we don't have that many word problems in bio like MCAT but would it be a good idea to go through the EK 1001 for bio as well for extra practice or it would be a different direction?

Thanks for the reply

hmm.... I didn't particularly like destroyer's bio section. I always forget to mention this, but when I talk/praise about destroyer, I am mostly referring to its 2 chemistry sections. Its bio is "okay" for random facts, but certainly don't put all your stock into it.

EK1001 for bio aren't bad, but they are VERY time consuming plus I think they are passage based...right?

I don't know of any PAT threads.... PAT is just.... it will naturally "click". Sometimes it takes a while but for almost everybody it will eventually click.

Actually they are mix of both. There would be 2 passages with their respective questions followed by a series of questions that are NOT based on passages and it just repeats throughout the book. Thank you for all your help. I am actually looking forward to studying for this now

hmm.... I didn't particularly like destroyer's bio section. I always forget to mention this, but when I talk/praise about destroyer, I am mostly referring to its 2 chemistry sections. Its bio is "okay" for random facts, but certainly don't put all your stock into it.

EK1001 for bio aren't bad, but they are VERY time consuming plus I think they are passage based...right?

I don't know of any PAT threads.... PAT is just.... it will naturally "click". Sometimes it takes a while but for almost everybody it will eventually click.

Do chad’s mini-test of chapter 1 on GC

Does this mean do all the quizzes for videos in chapter 1? or is there a seperate mini-test quiz I am missing?

Do chad’s mini-test of chapter 1 on GC

Does this mean do all the quizzes for videos in chapter 1? or is there a seperate mini-test quiz I am missing?

No I meant the quizzes... I grouped them all into "1 quiz" cause they are all related to that lecture

Anybody selling Organic chemistry Odyssey ? any edition?
Please send me a private message here in SDN
thanks

K just getting into this, and noticed a few things:

Theres no practice for reading...what do you suggest to do on practicing those?

Also are the chapters for KBB and Barrons AP Bio are diffrent topics - was that intentional?

K just getting into this, and noticed a few things:

Theres no practice for reading...what do you suggest to do on practicing those?

Also are the chapters for KBB and Barrons AP Bio are diffrent topics - was that intentional?
I am not qualified to talk about reading... I sucked at this section lol. I remember doing the first 5 or 6 tests of Godfreys reading software, that was about it.... But I don't think it helped me that much.

As far KBB vs Cliffs Bio... I wasn't trying to cover the same chapters on same day, but rather to just cover both books

People say reading scientific articles (pubmed or something) and just taking a lot of practice tests helps....I need to improve on this big time too lol

THANK YOU for this AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG OUTLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
TRULY a life-saver!

Started following this plan last week...cramming in what should be months of studying into a few weeks before taking the test has become possible thanks to this study guide!
THANK YOU!! =) =)
:D:):thumbup::xf::D:):D:D:):thumbup:

just started today. thanks for posting, you should have one of those donate buttons like software developers [though..i can see from the comments people are cheap haha]

Wow this is great! I wasn't too sure where to begin with a study regimen, but this has solved my problems, and has also shown me that it's time to crack the whip and get down to business now! I think I will use MCAT materials to supplement in the sciences, ExamCrackers has great review material from what I have seen. (My sister took the MCAT, so I have ALL of her review materials now that she has taken it.) I will see how much of it is actually relevant to the DAT.
Thanks so much, DentalWorks!

DWs (or anyone with input) have you used the review questions at the end of each chapter in Cliff's? I'm going over it, but I'm not sure if they're all too useful..

DWs (or anyone with input) have you used the review questions at the end of each chapter in Cliff's? I'm going over it, but I'm not sure if they're all too useful..

I did do the end-of-chapter questions of cliffs, they are very thought provocative, I liked them. Sort of similar in nature to how DAT's biology questions come.

I did do the end-of-chapter questions of cliffs, they are very thought provocative, I liked them. Sort of similar in nature to how DAT's biology questions come.
awesome, i'll keep doing em. thanks as always dw... never leave sdn!! at least until i get into ds :p

hey! I stared like 3 weeks ago with this schedule, I am planning on taking it on august so I extended to 9-10 weeks, but I was reading some of the other people saying that they study 6 or more hours and following your schedule I am studying 4 hours everyday is that bad? because I've read people studying for 10-12/day but they are only studying for 5 weeks so I dont know if only 4 hours is not such a good idea but at the same time I am following your shedule and I finished by the 4 hours?
Thanks

hey! I stared like 3 weeks ago with this schedule, I am planning on taking it on august so I extended to 9-10 weeks, but I was reading some of the other people saying that they study 6 or more hours and following your schedule I am studying 4 hours everyday is that bad? because I've read people studying for 10-12/day but they are only studying for 5 weeks so I dont know if only 4 hours is not such a good idea but at the same time I am following your shedule and I finished by the 4 hours?
Thanks

well everyone works at different speeds. Maybe your 4 hours is equivalent to someone else's 10+ hours.

the important thing is, you are learning everything you are covering comfortable enough to recall when you start doing problems

oh ok thanks! yeah cause I read the chapters that you assign for the day and take notes and everything.. but I take max 4-5 hrs, and I saw that you told someone that the problem for getting low scores was studying for only 4 hrs... is there anything else that you recommend me?

oh ok thanks! yeah cause I read the chapters that you assign for the day and take notes and everything.. but I take max 4-5 hrs, and I saw that you told someone that the problem for getting low scores was studying for only 4 hrs... is there anything else that you recommend me?

not really... ur about to start working on problem solving... you'll be able to gauge how much you've learned in those 4 hrs.

MANY OF US wouldn't be able to retain too much info (at least I know I can't) in a matter of 4-5 hours/day for the first 4 weeks.... But you might be one of the gifted few who can.

What do you mean by retain much info in 4-5 hrs? because maybe I am not studying correctly and thats what I am scare of...