Sample LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fakesmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to write my own LOR to give to my prof, who will make some changes and sign it. But I've never written one and it feels embarrassing to try to write it. I think I saw a sample LOR or template here in SDN, but couldn't find it by using the search function. I'd apprecaite it if anyone could post them so that I can roughly follow what it should be like.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'd be able to find a bunch of templates pertaining to medical school LORs on google??

I need to write my own LOR to give to my prof, who will make some changes and sign it. But I've never written one and it feels embarrassing to try to write it. I think I saw a sample LOR or template here in SDN, but couldn't find it by using the search function. I'd apprecaite it if anyone could post them so that I can roughly follow what it should be like.

In general, a letter is introduced by talking about the relationship with the student - how long the professor has known the student/in what capacity. If this professor had you for class(es), he/she would then discuss your performance - did you diligently complete assignments? active in discussions? collegial? able to work in groups/teams? A good letter also provides insight into the more personal characteristics - how you carry yourself, how mature you are, how personable you are, etc...