sample personal statements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ubu

Always hungry...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may be putting myself out on a limb here, but I am wondering if anyone knows where is a good source of med school personal statements. I've looked at bookstores and searched online, but have not been able to find any "good" ones...the ones that really stand out. I would like to know what a "good" one is like. Maybe if someone is generous enough, they can send me a sample of one that they think is really good. It would help me to understand what to aim for. Much thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Ubu
I may be putting myself out on a limb here, but I am wondering if anyone knows where is a good source of med school personal statements. I've looked at bookstores and searched online, but have not been able to find any "good" ones...the ones that really stand out. I would like to know what a "good" one is like. Maybe if someone is generous enough, they can send me a sample of one that they think is really good. It would help me to understand what to aim for. Much thanks. :)

You know what, instead of trying to plagarize from someone else's work, why don't you think of your own personal statement...jacka**.

I mean, who do you think you are? Use your own brain and write your own personal statement!!!!

If only the medical schools knew what you were up to...cheater!

haha get that stick our yer poop chute mikdoc

a good book is "essays that will get you into medical school". has 40 samples and writing tips to boot.

Members don't see this ad :)
mikdoc,

that was totally uncalled for. I am not intending to plagarize anyone's essay, only to understand what about the essay makes it so well written, as I am sure you will do/did as well. And, I am only asking for help. If you didn't want to, you shouldn't have replied to my question. I could probably say a lot more other stuff about you and your remark, but it's not worth my effort.

Originally posted by Ubu
mikdoc,

that was totally uncalled for. I am not intending to plagarize anyone's essay, only to understand what about the essay makes it so well written, as I am sure you will do/did as well. And, I am only asking for help. If you didn't want to, you shouldn't have replied to my question. I could probably say a lot more other stuff about you and your remark, but it's not worth my effort.

Sure...you are trying to get good ideas and incorporate them into your paper. Why don't you just think of your own stuff...really?

I didn't go to anyone to get help with my paper. I simply looked at my life, my experiences, and MY situation and wrote MYYY paper.

Be more confident in yourself...really.

There are some places that you can look at samples online like Essay Edge. Just do a search on personal statements for medical school and look over some of the examples. Hope it gives you some ideas!!!!!!!!!! I do agree that it needs to be uniquely about you and your life/experiences/thoughts but sometimes seeing what others have written can give you ideas/thoughts or a different perspective.

Stick with street philosophers advice, btw that book is by Barrons.

Mikdoc....thanks to all you "original" and "confident" people, they were able to compile this book of 40 essays that the rest of us can copy from. Thanks man for being sooooo confident in yourself.

X
ps. mikdoc - we are all copying your essay specifically (including life experiences) so the adcoms will see that and won't know that yours is the real one. I am confident about that.

In case anyone is interested...I found a website that has some pretty good personal statements. I'm sure a lot of people know about it already, but here is the website:

http://www.accepted.com/Medical/

Click on "Sample Essays" on the left.
Hope this helps someone.

Ubu

Originally posted by Mikdoc
Sure...you are trying to get good ideas and incorporate them into your paper. Why don't you just think of your own stuff...really?

I didn't go to anyone to get help with my paper. I simply looked at my life, my experiences, and MY situation and wrote MYYY paper.

Be more confident in yourself...really.

Im glad you got banned. Hopefully med school admissions will see through you as well as the admins here did.