Sample Test and Exam Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mangoordinary5047

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a two-pronged question. The first is what you guys think about the validity of the score converters I used for the AAMC sample and the second is what you guys think I should do in regards to my test date!

AAMC Sample Test:

C/P: 46/59

CARS: 44/53

B/B: 47/59

P/S: 50/59

Prosp. Doc Scaled Score: 512

My current test date is May 27, and my goal score is 514. This is my first time breaking 510, in fact on the blueprint FL's that I took the highest I got was a 505, although most of my sections continued going up cars is what was bringing me down consistently. I do want to say that I have finals where I'll be done around May 6, so although I think I may have made a lot of progress I might not be able to continue going as hard for the rest of my semester. Originally, I had in mind three options based on my score for this test: Take it on May 27, move my exam to the end of June, or start over my studying process completely and go hard during the summer to take it on August 20.

I am about 40% done with Ushmuck, however, I stopped doing new passages because I wanted to really review in-depth the questions that I got wrong. I probably won't be able to complete Ushmuck if I decide to continue with May 27 because I want to make sure that I am able to use all of the AAMC resources, which I have not yet started.

Just curious to hear about what you guys have to say or some advice you guys have regarding my sample score and what you guys think might be a good idea to do for my exam date!

Btw, **** BP cars

Members don't see this ad.

The sample test is OK and the converters shouldn't be too far off no matter which you use. Basically, great job, don't put too much stock in it either way, but you're on track. Like most third-party resources, BP is said to be somewhat deflated.

You want to be using the AAMC stuff, especially for CARS. There's no substitute! The AAMC question packs and FLs will give you a better gauge of your actual CARS ability.

For context, I did nearly everything from AAMC, from question packs to section banks and FLs. I also did maybe 70% of UWorld, in order to get through content review faster (like, reviewing stuff I got wrong vs studying from scratch). I scored well so I guess it worked.

You would have a month to finish AAMC if you were to start now and test May 27, which for me is a little tight. I would reschedule to June. But I wouldn't at all plan to reschedule to August 20, because I think you really risk burning out by then, especially if your score now is already kind of comfortable.

I'd say: take the weekend off after finals, start AAMC materials fresh and rest, pace yourself over the next two months, and test late June. And then go enjoy your summer!

Reactions: 1 user
The sample test is OK and the converters shouldn't be too far off no matter which you use. Basically, great job, don't put too much stock in it either way, but you're on track. Like most third-party resources, BP is said to be somewhat deflated.

You want to be using the AAMC stuff, especially for CARS. There's no substitute! The AAMC question packs and FLs will give you a better gauge of your actual CARS ability.

For context, I did nearly everything from AAMC, from question packs to section banks and FLs. I also did maybe 70% of UWorld, in order to get through content review faster (like, reviewing stuff I got wrong vs studying from scratch). I scored well so I guess it worked.

You would have a month to finish AAMC if you were to start now and test May 27, which for me is a little tight. I would reschedule to June. But I wouldn't at all plan to reschedule to August 20, because I think you really risk burning out by then, especially if your score now is already kind of comfortable.

I'd say: take the weekend off after finals, start AAMC materials fresh and rest, pace yourself over the next two months, and test late June. And then go enjoy your summer!
Hey! For some reason, I'm just now seeing this. I ended up having to take a break and started back up the week after finals, however, I ended up pushing my exam back to June 30th because of time constraints. Either way, I'll be finishing up UWorld stuff this week and transitioning over to AAMC stuff like you said, however, I only really have scheduled 4 weeks for all of the AAMC stuff. I do feel better now though because of me being able to now put in about 8-10 hours a day for the MCAT as well as me getting a 507 on Kaplan 1 yesterday. Either way, thank you for the advice!

Reactions: 1 user