Sams Club Closing 50+ stores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Any idea if Walmart is still opening more "Walmart Neighborhood Markets?"
 
This, plus cvs and walg stock are down. Along with standard oversupply. Is the Amazon panic justified yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This, plus cvs and walg stock are down. Along with standard oversupply. Is the Amazon panic justified yet?

CVS is down because they spend a LOT of cash/money buying Aetna and likely won't be able to sustain any substantial dividend increases. Walgreen's similarly related with their purchase of their Rite Aid.
 
I thought it was interesting that Walmart first announced they will be raising the minimum wage and giving bonuses, and THEN announces they were closing down Sam's Club stores.
 
I'm surprised Walmart didn't announce any more NHM or SC closings. I'm pretty sure at least some of those are closing but they weren't announced.

If you are at an affected Sam's as an RXM I wonder how you have that conversation when the Sam's Clubs reopen temporarily to liquidate pharmacy inventory and prepare to move Rx files... "so... you are likely not to be retained but here's a recap of the pay structure changes..."

It's now a game of musical chairs if any good displaced pharmacists and techs want to stay within Sam's (unlikely) or find a position at bad SC.

Bad RPH and techs, every day is an interview and you failed miserably! Hohohohohoho Merry Christmas

Seriously though if you are subpar retail drone I wouldn't count on hanging on to a job without relocation to a **** area (like Methifornia)
 
Last edited:
I thought it was interesting that Walmart first announced they will be raising the minimum wage and giving bonuses, and THEN announces they were closing down Sam's Club stores.
I don’t think the closings were “announced” and the nationwide starting salary was in order to hide them from the news.
 
This, plus cvs and walg stock are down. Along with standard oversupply. Is the Amazon panic justified yet?

Interestingly, I am pretty sure Amazon either bought or is in works to buy Target. If this happens, could we expect Amazon to boot CVS and use that as a way to start their pharmacy workings.