1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Samuel Merritt college interview

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by quasi, Jan 24, 2002.

1. quasi

quasi New Member

I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through an interview at Samuel Merritt college. I just got an invitation and it's stating it'll last from 8:30am to 4:00pm and there will be two separate interviews involving testing on my cognitive and analytical ability. I'm feeling a little nervous about this one. Any feedback would be great.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    a full day interview is fairly common at PA programs. you will probably interview with a faculty member and a current student. you will probably be asked to write an impromptu essay on a current topic in health care.what other programs have you applied to? several california programs are quite good. I would recommend the USC program as most likely the best in the state.uc davis also has a program that is quite inexpensive if you are a california resident. I would stay away from the stanford program as it has less clinical time than most other programs. good luck

4. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    quasi
    good luck! I remember it was very exciting! It is all part of the experience. Enjoy it.

5. quasi

quasi New Member

I successfully finished the interview at Merritt and it was quite interesting. I did do an impromptu essay on leadership experience. I interviewed twice and they both were friendly. The only drawback was that they did this one game where we were in groups of 6. We were all part of a bank robbery gang trying to rob jewels. It was a pain since I was running up and down stairs in my heels and now I have to dry clean my suit. The purpose was to test teamplayer abilities. I think they probably could find other means to test this or suggest bringing tennis shoes. All in all, it was quite an experience. Oh, other colleges I did apply in Ca. was USC and Western. I chose not to apply to Stanford just because it's too short a program for me and it emphasizes primary care...i'm planning to specialize.