Samuel Merritt college interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through an interview at Samuel Merritt college. I just got an invitation and it's stating it'll last from 8:30am to 4:00pm and there will be two separate interviews involving testing on my cognitive and analytical ability. I'm feeling a little nervous about this one. Any feedback would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

a full day interview is fairly common at PA programs. you will probably interview with a faculty member and a current student. you will probably be asked to write an impromptu essay on a current topic in health care.what other programs have you applied to? several california programs are quite good. I would recommend the USC program as most likely the best in the state.uc davis also has a program that is quite inexpensive if you are a california resident. I would stay away from the stanford program as it has less clinical time than most other programs. good luck

quasi
good luck! I remember it was very exciting! It is all part of the experience. Enjoy it.

I successfully finished the interview at Merritt and it was quite interesting. I did do an impromptu essay on leadership experience. I interviewed twice and they both were friendly. The only drawback was that they did this one game where we were in groups of 6. We were all part of a bank robbery gang trying to rob jewels. It was a pain since I was running up and down stairs in my heels and now I have to dry clean my suit. The purpose was to test teamplayer abilities. I think they probably could find other means to test this or suggest bringing tennis shoes. All in all, it was quite an experience. Oh, other colleges I did apply in Ca. was USC and Western. I chose not to apply to Stanford just because it's too short a program for me and it emphasizes primary care...i'm planning to specialize.