Samuel Merritt University DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Krabby_Patty

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN fam,

I'm currently waitlisted #17 out of 140 for Samuel Merritt University. Anyone have any insight about what their waitlist activity/movement has been like in past years or how deep DPT programs typically go into their waitlist?
Do I have a good chance?

Thanks for your help!
 
Hey SDN fam,

I'm currently waitlisted #17 out of 140 for Samuel Merritt University. Anyone have any insight about what their waitlist activity/movement has been like in past years or how deep DPT programs typically go into their waitlist?
Do I have a good chance?

Thanks for your help!

Check out this link: https://www.samuelmerritt.edu/admission/dpt/data

Looks like last year they accepted 88 students and had 38 seats to fill....so that would be 88-38 = made it to #50 on the waitlist 🙂

Good luck!!!
 
Check out this link: https://www.samuelmerritt.edu/admission/dpt/data

Looks like last year they accepted 88 students and had 38 seats to fill....so that would be 88-38 = made it to #50 on the waitlist 🙂

Good luck!!!
Thanks for your reply! 🙂 I saw that admission data a while ago and assumed they just meant they sent out 88 initial acceptances to try to fill their class. I didn't think that included any waitlist data but I could be very wrong... Your reasoning makes much more sense though!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I believe that they first send out the first 38 acceptances to the top choices then once people start declining they roll out the waitlisters! I think you have a really good chance! You could definitely email them or call them and ask how far they got last year! It's a fair question to ask when you're waitlisted.

Thanks for your reply! 🙂 I saw that admission data a while ago and assumed they just meant they sent out 88 initial acceptances to try to fill their class. I didn't think that included any waitlist data but I could be very wrong... Your reasoning makes much more sense though!!
 
Hey there! I'm on the waitlist as well... #4. Looks like it's gonna be an anxious few months. Thanks for the info and good luck!
 
I didn't meet the GRE minimum for this cycle so will try for 2018! Can you guys share your stats so I can get an idea?
 
The one things about this school that would be a deal-breaker for me is the expensive tuition. I believe it's around $47,000 per year, one of the most expensive programs I've seen so far... Is it worth it? Does anyone know if they offer a lot of scholarships and grants too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
 
The one things about this school that would be a deal-breaker for me is the expensive tuition. I believe it's around $47,000 per year, one of the most expensive programs I've seen so far... Is it worth it? Does anyone know if they offer a lot of scholarships and grants too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
When I received their financial aid offer letter, it essentially consisted of unsubsidized loans.
 
Hey SDN fam,

I'm currently waitlisted #17 out of 140 for Samuel Merritt University. Anyone have any insight about what their waitlist activity/movement has been like in past years or how deep DPT programs typically go into their waitlist?
Do I have a good chance?

Thanks for your help!

currently #26 on the waitlist! has anyone heard back from them yet?
 
Last edited: