Hi Friends,
Please give your suggestions regarding choosing UCLA or San Antonio

monreal

Au pôle nord
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
SA right a way, unless if you've robbed a bank recently.

About the Ads

monreal

Au pôle nord
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I believe that bargain hunting should be reserved for things like shoes and TV's on Black Friday... not your education. ;)

False statement!
The right one is: "I believe that bargain hunting should be reserved for things like shoes and TV's on Black Friday, specially your education." Remember that either way nobody is gonna spoonfeed you, you are gonna do evevrything by your own. Honestly, the difference is too big to be ignored.

La fea

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
A lot depends on what you want from your dental education and what your future goals are. For me, being near my spouse in v v important. In that regard, location is important.
With that said, *extra(difference) money for tuition, fees, living, along with interest adds up REAL quick.

NO this is NOT bargain hunting. If that were the case, why go for DDS/ DMD. Why not do dental assistant training in a career college. That's a bargain by about 150K:smuggrin:

dagu123

LLU Class of 2011.
10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
to see for UCLA,
it is very famous for its excellent education. professors are very good. better scope for future study opportunity..

the area- beverly hills!!!!! damn good...

if money is not an issuethen i wud definitely say UCLA..........

Intdentist

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I have been in both the schools for different reasons. Nd both are good schools. The faculty in both schools- good. The emphasis on practicals too very good , in both schools - though I am not very sure abt when the juniors get to start seeing patients in UCLA. Cal - expensive , SA - a very huge difference in price. Think of what you want out of your education from a school and see if the economics are worth it. Bargain hunting - in this case is a good option , coz both are good schools.

chungfi

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
I'd like to hear some other opinions too, obviously nobody here's attended BOTH schools but I know there are others that have this choice between the two. My wife is one of them.

Is the money factor the sole influence when you have such a choice? I believe that bargain hunting should be reserved for things like shoes and TV's on Black Friday... not your education. ;)

Let's hear others speak up!

Sorry to jump here. But this post made me joining the group...

1. Bloodbath in wallstreet, financial crash in the world economy, financial companies and banks are getting bankrupt, unemployment rate is rising, international students are not getting work-permit or greencard and so on...:(
2. How this affect to us....are you seeking any loan? If I know correctly, most of the international students study on loans. And this loan is offered by US banks.
3. I recommend you to check with your banks first whether they are offering any private loan to international student. I have been searching for loan for last several days....and no loan from any bank so far. not sure how i will finance my study...:(
4. Person like me is not spending any money on Black Friday. Rather I am saving my single penny for tution fees.
5. i would go with the cheapter tution fees school as I already have good knowledge about dentistry from my home country. I AM LOOKING FOR JUST THE DEGREE IN USA TO PRACTICE DENTISTRY...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.