San Francisco Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdiddy348

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an interview coming up on Jan. 4th. It will be my first interview, so I'm not sure what to expect. For those who've interviewed already, can you guys give me some feedback about the questions they ask and what i should know for the interview (i.e ethical questions, healthcare questions, etc). i'd be grateful for any help. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

pdiddy348 said:
Hey guys, I have an interview coming up on Jan. 4th. It will be my first interview, so I'm not sure what to expect. For those who've interviewed already, can you guys give me some feedback about the questions they ask and what i should know for the interview (i.e ethical questions, healthcare questions, etc). i'd be grateful for any help. thanks

I think they converted the interview process and made it more academic. When I interviewed in November, there were only one set of interviews. The questions that came out were:

1) Why podiatry?
2) If you applied to other programs, explain why.
3) Why CSPM?

However, I heard it has been more academic now. You now interview with the DPMs, and they there is another set of interviews with faculty professors. Expect questions about your grades, classes, favorite books and etc.

I really think the California school is a great school. The student-faculty ratio is 10-11:1. The clinicals were excellent and you get early exposure.
Another thing is that they try to tell you your status at the end of the day and it seems like all interviewees got accepted.

I interviewed there the 3rd week in November...and it was an all day event! I did like the school and I loved the faculty, but I liked the other schools better...mainly because it seems like such a hassle, as you commute a lot there. I started my interview at 9am. We met some faculty, met some students, shadowed a student, went to lunch with students, and then finally had our first interview around 1pm. It was with 2 DPM's who were on the faculty and admissions board. They asked why podiatry, what was my least favorite class, and if my parents (who are both allopathic docs) supported me. There were 2 guys and 2 girls in total interviewing that day. We then took a cab to the oakland campus - which in traffic, took 45 minutes! We then interviewed with 2 separate science professors..I loved them both. They asked what classes we like and why podiatry...they also asked if I thought I would succeed there and why. It was a lot of sitting around, waiting for the others to interview. We then had a talk on housing and financial aid...and then we had our wrap up session where we were told that we were all 4 accepted. We then took a cab back to SF wherever we were each staying. I didnt get back until 730pm!! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO tiring and LONG and we were so thirsty and tired by the end of the day. The traffic sucks there...however, I do think the school is doing well and I know that they have great faculty. Even though it was tiring, it was still kinda fun and a good experience. good luck, enjoy it!

gsrimport said:
I think they converted the interview process and made it more academic. When I interviewed in November, there were only one set of interviews. The questions that came out were:

1) Why podiatry?
2) If you applied to other programs, explain why.
3) Why CSPM?

However, I heard it has been more academic now. You now interview with the DPMs, and they there is another set of interviews with faculty professors. Expect questions about your grades, classes, favorite books and etc.

I really think the California school is a great school. The student-faculty ratio is 10-11:1. The clinicals were excellent and you get early exposure.
Another thing is that they try to tell you your status at the end of the day and it seems like all interviewees got accepted.