Program-Specific Info / Q's San José State University 2016-17 Admission Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
74 in the FB group as of today.

Members don't see this ad.

... I got the email! I can't freakin' believe it! I'm shocked, honored, and relieved the wait is over... I hope everyone waiting for news hears from the program very soon! I haven't been invited to the Facebook group yet...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
... I got the email! I can't freakin' believe it! I'm shocked, honored, and relieved the wait is over... I hope everyone waiting for news hears from the program very soon! I haven't been invited to the Facebook group yet...

Congratulations!!! I'm sure Amanda will email you the link soon :)

I got a letter saying that I'm waitlisted. I have until August before I find out whether or not there is a seat left for me. For anyone that is accepted, do you guys know when the deadline is to confirm that you will be a part of the program? Just curious.

How were you notified? I have not heard anything from the program yet, though I have inquired several times. I am guessing it's going to be a rejection, but I want to know what to look for!

The only prerequisite course left I need to take is Neuroanatomy, which I plan to take during the summer at SJSU.
I was told that students who have already been accepted in the program will have a guaranteed spot in the course. However, what about students who are waitlisted? Will we have a guaranteed spot in the class as well? What if there is no more room for waitlisted students in Neuroanatomy?

The only prerequisite course left I need to take is Neuroanatomy, which I plan to take during the summer at SJSU.
I was told that students who have already been accepted in the program will have a guaranteed spot in the course. However, what about students who are waitlisted? Will we have a guaranteed spot in the class as well? What if there is no more room for waitlisted students in Neuroanatomy?
Enrollment has started for the summer neuro class. That's all I know. I'm taking it online thru UCLA extension right now

I had been making concrete plans to attend an OTD program and had denied several other schools when I got accepted off of the waitlist today! I am basically abandoning all other plans/daydreams for SJSU because the cost is just so good. So I take it the cohort is 80 students (ish) this year then? I still have several prerequisites to complete over the summer, it will definitely be a crunch

How do we take the neuroanatomy class at sjsu ?

I had been making concrete plans to attend an OTD program and had denied several other schools when I got accepted off of the waitlist today! I am basically abandoning all other plans/daydreams for SJSU because the cost is just so good. So I take it the cohort is 80 students (ish) this year then? I still have several prerequisites to complete over the summer, it will definitely be a crunch
Congratulations! Applying to grad school is definitely an emotional roller coaster!

congrats!
I'm also on the waitlist. Would you by any chance know how to find out what number you are on on the waitlist?

Unfortunately, I have no idea where I was on the waitlist!

yep it was a pretty informal acceptance email, but then they said a formal acceptance letter in the snail mail was on its way (I haven't gotten it yet)

Has anyone emailed SJSU recently and have gotten a reply? I've been emailing them for the past 2 months and haven't gotten a single reply. Anyone know if there is something up?

I received my conditional acceptance today! I am so excited to meet the cohort! Talk about relief. I submitted October 1st so it's been 7 and a half months! I am beyond happy! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist. I got pulled off the waitlist (had emailed and not heard back about my number) and honestly was making plans to better my application for next cycle so you never know! Look forward to meeting everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,

Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance into the program! I know it wasn’t an easy feat and I’m sure most of you (if not all) have worked years & years to get there.

I received my rejection letter at the end of March and I was heartbroken but I know I was at a disadvantage not having my application in until January 4th. I wanted to seek advice/tips/suggestions from those of you who got in the second time around. Since applying, I’ve taken another pre-req (received an A), and I’ve begun shadowing a pediatric OT. I’m also going to re-do my personal statement and hope to get an additional LOR from an OT. And of course, I will be sure to have all of my materials in by 10/1 this time around. I’ve tried emailing the graduate assistant, asking if I can sit down with someone to review any weak spots in my application that I can improve upon but haven’t heard a response back (that was a little more than a month ago). Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! And my stats are below :)

BA from UC Davis
3.55 GPA in last 60/90
3.75 Pre-req GPA (just need to complete neuroanatomy)
156v/153q/4.5w
50 hours with home health OT (geriatrics)
100 hours with a school OT at an elementary school
50 hours with a Physician Asst at a hospital
3 letters: Chemistry professor, PA I shadowed, employer at current job (non-OT/health care related job)

I had a few people review my personal statement (including an OT I shadowed with) and received great feedback.

Thanks & congrats again!

Do you think you didn’t get in because you submitted late?? If I apply, I’d have to retake the GRE and the wait for this past semester’s transcript to be posted to meet min # of prereqs around end of the first week of January.

Hello,

Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance into the program! I know it wasn’t an easy feat and I’m sure most of you (if not all) have worked years & years to get there.

I received my rejection letter at the end of March and I was heartbroken but I know I was at a disadvantage not having my application in until January 4th. I wanted to seek advice/tips/suggestions from those of you who got in the second time around. Since applying, I’ve taken another pre-req (received an A), and I’ve begun shadowing a pediatric OT. I’m also going to re-do my personal statement and hope to get an additional LOR from an OT. And of course, I will be sure to have all of my materials in by 10/1 this time around. I’ve tried emailing the graduate assistant, asking if I can sit down with someone to review any weak spots in my application that I can improve upon but haven’t heard a response back (that was a little more than a month ago). Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! And my stats are below :)

BA from UC Davis
3.55 GPA in last 60/90
3.75 Pre-req GPA (just need to complete neuroanatomy)
156v/153q/4.5w
50 hours with home health OT (geriatrics)
100 hours with a school OT at an elementary school
50 hours with a Physician Asst at a hospital
3 letters: Chemistry professor, PA I shadowed, employer at current job (non-OT/health care related job)

I had a few people review my personal statement (including an OT I shadowed with) and received great feedback.

Thanks & congrats again!