Saskatchewan applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Penny

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are some of us that browse this board... I was wondering if anybody knows how many spots are available next year at the U of S. Last year there were 60, have they changed it back to 55?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why they would change it back.. If their info online says 55 spots anywhere it probably just hasn't been updated properly. They made the extra 5 spots to help prevent a doctor shortage in the future (don't know how much good 5 spots will do in the long run, but it's better than nothing), so I don't see any reason why they'd go back to only 55.

I realize I can't contribute anything at all to this board, but I just wanted to say that I'm a Manitoban. Close enough?

Even though us Manitobans don't usually like to associate ourselves with you people... :D j/k

They increased the number of seats by 10 last year in Manitoba (70 to 80) to cope with the shortage of physicians in rural areas, and they are keeping the increased number of seats this year. The problem hasn't gotten any better, so I can't see why they would go back.

The last I heard, they did maintain the 60 spots for 2002-2003 first year class, and one additional one due to a sickness of one student admitted last year and couldn't start. 5 spots may not be much but if I am accepted as the 56 person I will be extremely thankful for them.