Saturation levels by area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luayluayluaylu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
maybe i just suck at google, but does anyone know which areas are most saturated with podiatrists? and if you don't know overall, could you wager a guess at how saturated your area is?
my MD dad says where he lives there's a shortage (W. MA), and i would guess that places where there are pod schools (ie Oakland, NYC, etc.) are more saturated
thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

So the last several weeks at Temple there have been residency presentations during the lunch hour by programs mostly in the NE. It is almost always a question of where the new grads from the residency have ended up getting jobs. The answer has almost always been about half stay around the area and half go onto other areas. Obviously there are areas with more of them then others, but if you are set in living in a certain area of the country, you probably will be able to find something decent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say Chicago is pretty saturated because most of the associate positions there start off around $70,000. So while there may be jobs available, they won't be too desirable financially in saturated areas. Surprisingly podiatrists actually accept these kind of offers.

I would say Chicago is pretty saturated because most of the associate positions there start off around $70,000. So while there may be jobs available, they won't be too desirable financially in saturated areas. Surprisingly podiatrists actually accept these kind of offers.

I cannot imagine accepting a job offer for less than $150k.

Reactions: 1 user