saturation of pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

museabuse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can this scenario happen?

In the next few years with all the new schools graduating pharm Ds and the number of graduates not finding jobs increasing:

Human Resource manager(hospital or retail): I am sorry Mr/Mrs PharmD we don't have any Jobs available.

PharmD(from crap new school): Yes I know I applied to 500 jobs and heard the same thing. I will work for $30 dollars an hours, I don't care I need a job to afford my $1500 dollar month student loan payment.

Human Resource manager(hospital or retail): Ok let me just lay off some of the $60 dollar an hour pharmacists, I'll call it restructuring or hard economic time or something and then get back to you.

Members don't see this ad.

Well increasing the number of schools will of course lessen demand, but nowhere near as drastic as some taking positions for $30/hr. Pharmacists should be concerned about the insane number of new schools opening, though, and should tell the ACPE to knock it the **** off for a while.