Saturday Night Premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Stalker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question just popped into my mind: What do you find yourselves doing on a Saturday night as a premed? Are you gunning and reading the next week's biochemistry notes? Getting schmacked with your frat/sorority counterparts? With the bae? At home? Snuggling with netflix...? :O

Members don't see this ad.

You can kinda tell what people are doing if they reply at all :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
usually studying till 6 or 7. netflix rest of the night. not really a huge fan of getting schmacked

Reactions: 2 users
Spend time with family during the day and study at night! Maybe mix some netflix in there somewhere. :)

Party with models.

*posting from a party*

Reactions: 7 users
Depends on my schedule. This summer, I'll be working Saturday's. During the school year, I'm relaxing with minimal studying unless I'm a bit behind. This tends to happen towards the middle of the year.... hehe.

Probably schedule a week or two off and go on tour with my friend's band as their manager. I miss being on the road.

Not studying 90% of the time haha, but what I did always changed. Movies, eating out, going out, playing basketball. Usually something social with other people.

Reactions: 1 user
Not studying 90% of the time haha, but what I did always changed. Movies, eating out, going out, playing basketball. Usually something social with other people.

:thinking:

Morning: studying/strengthening topics

Afternoon: Netflix

Night: Date night!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to work or play video games or dates or friends or long baths or pig out :/

Question just popped into my mind: What do you find yourselves doing on a Saturday night as a premed? Are you gunning and reading the next week's biochemistry notes? Getting schmacked with your frat/sorority counterparts? With the bae? At home? Snuggling with netflix...? :O

I play romantic songs on my acoustic guitar to impress the ladies. ;)

Working that 12am-8am shift at my campus library.

Reactions: 1 users
Drinking, partying, hanging with the roommates, chilling with the gf, sleeping, doing work, video games...

Usually drinking though

Reactions: 8 users
Couldn't tell you, I usually don't remember Saturday nights

Reactions: 13 users
mine tend to be studying mixed in with a tad of socializing from 9pm onward...nothing too insane though!

I don't do a lot of hanging out - I tend to try and be productive most of the day and then usually watch some sports. Spent all day yesterday knocking out all my ochem pre-lab write ups for the semester, but intensive academic stuff usually isn't an every week thing (unless it's finals of course).

Wake up and go grocery shopping.

BJJ gym for gi and no gi for three hours.

Regular gym for shoulders and traps

Study for two hours

Then work from 5PM-3am in the ED

Hopefully y'all are typically spending them partying. You shouldn't need to study all that much in undergrad, and you're not going to have near the free time for partying in med school that you have now.

Reactions: 4 users
Goro is old af he probably watches a couple episodes of the price is right and passes out around sun down
lol don't say that about Goro, he's so boss. All he does is help us pre-meds out <3. Betcha he's gonna say he spends his sat nights with the bae and his kids #Badass

Goro is old af he probably watches a couple episodes of the price is right and passes out around sun down
Also, i love how you picked the price is right, I legit LOL'd about that hahahaha

I know this may sound crazy, like I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I think in real life @Goro may not actually be a cat.
This made me laugh pretty hard, especially because we all know that in reality Goro is probably curing cancer or something.

Reactions: 6 users
I know this may sound crazy, like I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I think in real life @Goro may not actually be a cat.

original.jpg

So sophisticated

Reactions: 9 users
lol don't say that about Goro, he's so boss. All he does is help us pre-meds out <3. Betcha he's gonna say he spends his sat nights with the bae and his kids #Badass
Goro and I disagree on a few things but I immensely respect all the effort he puts into us poor neurotic riders on the premed strugglebus. Plus he calls it like he sees it with an unnecessarily snide comment thrown in occasionally, I'm a big fan of that

Reactions: 3 users
Goro and I disagree on a few things but I immensely respect all the effort he puts into us poor neurotic riders on the premed strugglebus. Plus he calls it like he sees it with an unnecessarily snide comment thrown in occasionally, I'm a big fan of that
You do realize how weird it looks to read comments about Goro when he's in the same thread, two posts above right?

It's like if there are three people in a room--we'll call them person A,B, and C--talking and then suddenly person A is like, "Hey, B you know, like I respect C and all even though we may disagree disagreements, but overall he's a good guy." And C is just sitting there like, "Uh, I'm literally right next to you, quit being a f****** weirdo."

Last edited:
Working or getting ****housed. Work hard, play hard.

I usually study during the day on Saturdays and then go out with friends in the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been doing what's listed below for the past 4 years:

1) Wake up at 9am and go to library to volunteer as a high school equivalency tutor.

2) Leave at 12:30pm and run various errands with mom (and dad, but I haven't seen him in a year).

3) Arrive home at 3pm and eat lunch.

4) Study from 5pm until around 10 or 11pm.

5) Eat dinner, watch something on TV, shower, and go to bed.

-->And if I skip the volunteering (maybe once every 4-5 months), it means I wake up at 11am and start studying until 5) from above.

Been doing what's listed below for the past 4 years:

1) Wake up at 9am and go to library to volunteer as a high school equivalency tutor.

2) Leave at 12:30pm and run various errands with mom (and dad, but I haven't seen him in a year).

3) Arrive home at 3pm and eat lunch.

4) Study from 5pm until around 10 or 11pm.

5) Eat dinner, watch something on TV, shower, and go to bed.

-->And if I skip the volunteering (maybe once every 4-5 months), it means I wake up at 11am and start studying until 5) from above.
no exercise ?

Saturday Night Fever Premeds

Great study music!

You do realize how weird it looks to read comments about Goro when he's in the same thread, two posts above right?

It's like if there are three people in a room--we'll call them person A,B, and C--talking and then suddenly person A is like, "Hey, B you know, like I respect C and all even though we may disagree disagreements, but overall he's a good guy." And C is just sitting there like, "Uh, I'm literally right next to you, quit being a f****** weirdo."
This happened with LeBron, Kyrie and a reporter 2 days ago lmaoooo