Saturday's mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
did any of u guys take the mcat on sat? how did it go? i dunno about u guys, but i thought it was a bit tougher than aamc V or any of the practice tests given by princeton

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I just took it yesterday, and I thought that VR and BS were pretty tough. PS was my weak area going in, so I spent a lot of time working on that, and I think I did okay. It was definitely tougher than the AAMC practice tests. I'm glad it's over and I feel like I did my best, so now it's just the long wait...
smile.gif
I'm also wondering what everyone else who took it thought.

Liz

Hello Jello!

I took the MCAT as well.

I agree with the above poster...the Verbal section was really tough. Nothing like the practice tests that I have been taking over the past few months. The most recently published AAMC test gave me a very false sense of security.

Biological Sciences was really bad as well.

Oddly enough, I feel the Physical Sciences (my weakest) went well.

But, it is over now and there is nothing more any of us can do...just wait for scores and study for the August test!

G'night!

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the test form CG, and I thought the level of difficulty was easier, but relatively comparable to AAMCAS #3, but the biology must have been written by a demented serial killer.

There's nothing you can go about it now though. May I suggest going to a bar would be a good idea now. Keep thinking positive, now it's time for you guys to fill out your apps!
Good Luck

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by JPHazelton:
Hello Jello!

I took the MCAT as well.

I agree with the above poster...the Verbal section was really tough. Nothing like the practice tests that I have been taking over the past few months. The most recently published AAMC test gave me a very false sense of security.

Biological Sciences was really bad as well.

Oddly enough, I feel the Physical Sciences (my weakest) went well.

But, it is over now and there is nothing more any of us can do...just wait for scores and study for the August test!

G'night!

thats ok..all osteopaths need is a 19 on the MCAT..such low standards.

owcc16

Here, Here owcc16-

I believe you deserve the Outstanding SDN Ignorance Post of the Night! It's people like you who really give the pre-meds on this site correct info. Ha! Yeah right! Maybe when you graduate from highschool you'll be rushed right into Harvard Med, being as how you appear to be a complete Albert Einstein and all, so why should your future patients have to wait a few more years before they can receive your medical service. Your perfect display of egotism justifies your repressed feelings of inadequacy. Hmm... You were always picked last to a middle school baseball team during gym class. That's too bad! Am I getting warm on a correct diagnosis? Do us all a favor and grow up!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by nathan:
Here, Here owcc16-

I believe you deserve the Outstanding SDN Ignorance Post of the Night! It's people like you who really give the pre-meds on this site correct info. Ha! Yeah right! Maybe when you graduate from highschool you'll be rushed right into Harvard Med, being as how you appear to be a complete Albert Einstein and all, so why should your future patients have to wait a few more years before they can receive your medical service. Your perfect display of egotism justifies your repressed feelings of inadequacy. Hmm... You were always picked last to a middle school baseball team during gym class. That's too bad! Am I getting warm on a correct diagnosis? Do us all a favor and grow up!!!

Nathan,

keep reassuring yourself....stay in your little box, and think that DO's are supreme, and that they have equal or superior numbers to MD applicants..have a good life.

owcc16

i gotta love those MD's. Who died and made you GOD! I guess you probably think your pretty smart too, but you obviously are not smart enough to realize that schools and titles don't make good DOC's,people make good DOC's and that is where D.O.'s stand. Oh yeah, by the way when you pick up your pay check and a DO looks over and says "look my check has the same amunt of figures as yours, and i didn't even stress as hard" you might, you just might realize we kick Ass! Sorry PAL.....D.O.'s rule.

As posted by our humble DO critic:

"just took MCAT..expect a 29-33...have a 3.26 avg..2.8 fresh, 3.4 soph, and 3.6 junior..tons of research, non hospital and hospital volunteering, shadowing, extracurrics, good recommendations, desire..chances?
owcc16"

Let me just tell you a little something, my friend. You better PRAY that you are correct on the low standards, because with that GPA, the only way you'll be in medical school is if you're mopping the floors.

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

Right on Kidterrific-

For the record, I'm not one to start flame wars over miniscule bad remarks, etc., however, I feel that the pre-meds need to know the REAL story about osteopathic medicine. It isn't the "other" route into medicine because you weren't good enough to get into an allopathic program. Anyways, just my thoughts.

-Nathan (UHS-COM '05)