SAYINGS OF YEN: (please contribute-even inane statements are valued)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people on the MCAT death trail:
"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."-->Neitzche

For MCAT Physics:
"The angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the beat."--> Beavis and Butthead

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN, nb81! (SMW, you've taught me well. :) )

Here's one: "This, too, shall pass."

Also read my sig.

And good luck to all of you. . . I took it last year, and I can definitely sympathize with all of you!! GOOD LUCK! :)

For people who don't get into their top choice ( or their top 10 choices :wink: ):
"Everything happens for a reason."--not sure who said this?

Members don't see this ad :)
My current favorite: "If you always expect the worst, you're never disappointed."

my signature

Don't eat yellow snow

The hotter the battle, the sweeter the victory.

Bob Marley

Man who stand on toilet...is high on pot!
-Confucius

"This is real."

Mrs. Nash from beautiful mind.

Some help from a poet to help you get through the long admissions process:

"Great feats are acheived not through strength, but through perserverence."

And another one:

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

"So you mustn't be frightened...if an anxiety, like light and cloud-shadows, moves over your hands and over everything you do. You must realize that something is happening to you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand and will not let you fall. Why do you want to shut out of your life any uneasiness..."--Ranier Rilke

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once." — Bill S.

Once more dear friends, Best of Luck!

PS Hey Legi Give A Beutiful Mind by Sylvia Nassar a read. You'll find the Nashes are much more textured and realistic characters then the movie makes them out to be. It was a good movie though :wink: .

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by nerfornothin:
•"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once." — Bill S.

Once more dear friends, Best of Luck!

PS Hey Legi Give A Beutiful Mind by Sylvia Nassar a read. You'll find the Nashes are much more textured and realistic characters then the movie makes them out to be. It was a good movie though :wink: .•••••haha. thanks. Let me suggest you a book as well. Pick up any advanced economics text book and read the section on 'Game Theory/Nash Equilibrium'. You will find it is much more complicated than the movie makes it out to be. :D :D

A quote that applies to everyone who is waiting plus those who will be applying shortly. It has been said repeatedly by many of the great SDN minds, but alas, it seems no one has taken it to heart. So here is the quote:

•••quote:••• THE WHOLE PROCESS IS A CRAPSHOOT!!!! ••••

SAYINGS OF YEN: If Yen can cook, so can you!!

(i know it's actually Yan but hey :wink: )

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Legi:
haha. thanks. Let me suggest you a book as well. Pick up any advanced economics text book and read the section on 'Game Theory/Nash Equilibrium'. You will find it is much more complicated than the movie makes it out to be. :D :D ••••Hollywood :rolleyes:

Souljah, you have the best quote of all. God bless Marley. :clap:

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
-Ancient Chinese Proverb

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

these are my fav's by far.

'son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get' - homer simpson

For anyone who's feeling like something is blocking their path to their dream...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
---Albert Einstein

currently - "you were written an original don't dye a copy"

Light-Hearted Chinese Proverbs

1 - Man who run in front of car get tired.

2 - Man who run behind car get exhausted.

3 - Man with one chopstick go hungry.

4 - Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.

5 - Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

6 - War does not determine who is right... war determines who is left.

7 - Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cathouse.

8 - Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

9 - Man who drive like hell bound to get there.

10 - Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.

no matter where you go, there you are.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense." - - Winston Churchill

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. - - Chinese Proverb

I'm modifying this one from plato:

only the dead see the end of war - only the accepted see the end of the mcat. :D

Legi's sig file is one of my favorites.
I also love Buckaroo Bonzai's 'Wherever you go, there you are.'

But I like my sig the best (so far) ;-)

I'm an atheist. However, for you MCAT people, you may consider believing in god at least until you get your scores:

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

My PI once told me that "a goal that is attainable is not a worthy goal"

Then again, he was a real jackass...

Just Do it--Nike Corp.

It's because they're stupid. That's why. That's why everybody does everything.--Homer Simpson

Especially Admission Committees.

Confucius say "Man who go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with sticky fingers."

"He who is without sin, shall be a rolling stone."--->Archie Bunker from "All in the Family"

"This, too, shall pass."