Scariest words since "MCAT Scores are now available"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Your application is complete." :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

haha, at least for me, those first five words i'm not even going to say again were a thousand times more terrifying.

how bout the emails that say, "your status has been updated"?

i HATE that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schaden Freud said:
"Your application is complete." :eek:

"Your application has been reviewed"
I shat my pants when i saw that for Baylor.

"Rescue 12, Medic 1, EMS 12-Charlie, and all available B------- EMS personnel, respond to ___________________, baby not breathing."

narc said:
"Your application has been reviewed"
I shat my pants when i saw that for Baylor.

EXACTLY! That application has been reviewed blurb along with the ominous "we will let you know something as soon as we are able" just about made my heart stop.

I also got too worked up over the Yale e-mail I got a couple of days ago. They are so tricksey sending e-mails titled "Application and Yale Invitation". I haven't squealed for joy so much since my grandfather promised me a pony when I was 6. Then I opened that mutha up and it was just an invitation to complete their secondary... which I've ALREADY done. :thumbdown: I was so sad.

Severus said:
EXACTLY! That application has been reviewed blurb along with the ominous "we will let you know something as soon as we are able" just about made my heart stop.

I also got too worked up over the Yale e-mail I got a couple of days ago. They are so tricksey sending e-mails titled "Application and Yale Invitation". I haven't squealed for joy so much since my grandfather promised me a pony when I was 6. Then I opened that mutha up and it was just an invitation to complete their secondary... which I've ALREADY done. :thumbdown: I was so sad.

Same here. That's happened to me twice, with the exact same email, since i sent my app in. Man, my heart stopped.

Your ex boyfriend's out of prison.

I was going to say pseudo-Riemannian manifold, but dopaminesurge's would be more scary, considering i'm a guy :eek:

DropkickMurphy said:
"Rescue 12, Medic 1, EMS 12-Charlie, and all available B------- EMS personnel, respond to ___________________, baby not breathing."

"your son's head is too small. we're going to do chromosome testing. it might be nothing though, it might just be that the fissures in his skull are fused shut in which case he'll just need a simple brain operation. We think it may be chromosomal though...You'll have the results back in about two weeks..."

DropkickMurphy said:

:(

"Oh $hit it broke."

Yea that one sucks.

"Apparently there was a mistake in your chart, we accidentally performed a penectomy instead of an appendectomy. We are currently in the process of trying to locate your appendage."

DropkickMurphy said:

right . . . and then you arrive on scene to find a bunch of people standing around a sleeping baby.