SCCO Alternate List 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optos2020

Reaction score
Hello!

I was recently placed on the alternate list at SCCO for Fall 2021 matriculation. Is anyone else in the same boat? What should I do to get off of it?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about to apply. What's the difference between the alternate list and waiting list? And how did your interview go compare to other school?

Is there already such a list out? Oh boy.

Does that mean that SCCO's class is already filling up rapidly? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I was recently placed on the alternate list at SCCO for Fall 2021 matriculation. Is anyone else in the same boat? What should I do to get off of it?

Thank you!
Sorry, I know this is a little late of a reply, but I'd suggest writing a "letter of intent" in which you detail why you are choosing SCCO.

I'm about to apply. What's the difference between the alternate list and waiting list? And how did your interview go compare to other school?
As far as I'm aware, they mean the same thing. Those put on the alternate list are put on 'hold' until admissions decide to admit the applicant or not. It's hard to tell when an applicant will be accepted or if they will be accepted at all. On the bright side, being on the list means that you're still being considered and you shouldn't give up hope on any possibilities!

Hello everyone

I plan on submitting my application by Jan 17. Is that too late for SCCO? From what I've heard, only one person got off the alternate list last year. I feel so unmotivated upon hearing that...If there is already an alternate list by mid Nov for 2021 applicants, do you think I have a chance of getting in? Since Berkeley is operating rolling admissions this year, do you think we would be notified earlier in the semester about the waiting list?

Asking for some advice!

Thank you for your time

Hello everyone

I plan on submitting my application by Jan 17. Is that too late for SCCO? From what I've heard, only one person got off the alternate list last year. I feel so unmotivated upon hearing that...If there is already an alternate list by mid Nov for 2021 applicants, do you think I have a chance of getting in? Since Berkeley is operating rolling admissions this year, do you think we would be notified earlier in the semester about the waiting list?

Asking for some advice!

Thank you for your time
I was offered an interview last Monday. I don’t think it’s too late!

Reactions: 1 user
also on the alternate list! so following this thread

in the same boat as you all.. Does anyone know if the alternate list has been big in the past?

I think SCCO mentioned that students shouldn't get discouraged because students can drop their seats even up until May if I heard correctly? Yeah I'm not sure how big the list has been in the past but this year Berkeley did rolling admissions as well so I'm assuming there won't be that many seats that will be "dropped". It's never bad to have hope though! I hope you all can get in especially if it's your dream school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email from the admission team, checking in whether you’re still interested in being on the waitlist?

How is that possible ? I thought we are getting updates in May😮

My friend received an email like that and got off the waitlist today!!! Did you receive a call?
No calls! They just emailed back saying thanks we will note it down on your app.

That’s what I thought! I’m not sure what SCCO is doing, bc I never received the email :/
Trust the process! I believe they will get to you soon. Do you know how long in between the email and the acceptance call for your friend?

I was just put on the list yesterday :cryi: any one else on the same boat?

Has anyone heard from the alternate list ranking yet?

I’m in the third quartile. If anyone gets pulled from the second or third, I’d would appreciate the update!

I have a friend who just got off the waitlist at Berkeley, so she’s going to tell SCCO soon that she won’t be attending. Hope that helps!

I just got off of the Alternate waitlist this morning! SCCO class of 2025 :)

*Just for reference, I received a call saying that I was placed on the Alternate List April 17th and they let me know that I was pretty much at the top of the list (and I also received a Priority Deferment offer for next fall 2022, no need to reapply or interview again).