SCCO Class of 2010 profie

Started by alferec
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alferec

Future Army OD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just FYI for you SCCO hopefuls; I typed it earlier for somebody who asked so I decided I might as well share...

Prereq avg GPA: 3.26
Avg overall GPA: 3.37

OAT mean scores:
AA: 328
QR: 317
RC: 341
Physics: 324
Biology: 323
General Chem: 333
O-chem: 332
TS: 333
 
Just FYI for you SCCO hopefuls; I typed it earlier for somebody who asked so I decided I might as well share...

Prereq avg GPA: 3.26
Avg overall GPA: 3.37

OAT mean scores:
AA: 328
QR: 317
RC: 341
Physics: 324
Biology: 323
General Chem: 333
O-chem: 332
TS: 333

CONGRATS!!!

WOW, 341 on RC...thats AWSOME!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh...I hope you know that the scores above are actually the SCCO c/o 2010 averages...!


😳 oh...

oops...i thought they were ur scores...i was wondering why they were not rounded and had 7's and etc. lol funny

well thi sucks...my reading part is NOT near 340... 🙁
 
hmm, i just talked to one of the admissions counselors at SCCO over the phone and she said the overall avg GPA was 3.28 for the last entering class.
 
hmm, i just talked to one of the admissions counselors at SCCO over the phone and she said the overall avg GPA was 3.28 for the last entering class.

You might be right...there was a girl that was admitted the day before orientation so that might have slightly shifted the average. She literally was called to come to orientation the following morning at 8 AM. Luckily she's from the LA area so it wasn't so bad.
 
Here are the stats for Southern College of Optometry C/O 2010 in Memphis:
Mean Overall GPA 3.46
Mean Prerequisite GPA 3.48
Mean OAT 332
123 entering students