SCCO Interviews, WAITLIST and Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLCBRUIN84

SCCO c/o 2012!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed with SCCO yesterday 03/03/2008. Why so late? I applied early but they said my pre req GPA needed to be higher so I retook 2 pre reqs in the Winter Intersession and I finally qualified.

Good news: it went well, i'll definitely post my interview feedback ASAP. It wasn't as intimidating as everyone on SDN had noted. My interviewers were smiling at me and made me feel very comfortable. It actually seemed much shorter than I thought, but I was in there for more than 40 minutes! And no, they didn't fire questions at me at all.. it was more like a friendly conversation and sincere attempt to get to know me! So all those interviewing with SCCO this month, don't be scared!

Bad news: Maybe I misheard her but from what I remember Dr. Voorhees told me that their class was already full? Ughhhh.. was only really interviewing to be placed on their waitlist? She told me that they'll make their decision about my placement on the waitlist or rejection by THIS MONDAY. It seems like I'll only be accepted if someone gives up their seat from now until Monday.

Grrrrr. this is soooo frustrating. Had I known earlier in the application period that my GPA only needed to be improved by so little, I would have taken more classes in the summer! And yes, this is the only school I applied to.. so I might have to reapply next year =( I'm a non traditional applicant 2 years out of undergrad so I really have no intent to go elsewhere.

Anyone have any waitlist experiences with SCCO? Why are they interviewing for the entire month of March?

Also, if anyone is holding their seat at SCCO and planning on withdrawing.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them know ASAP so that there is still hope for all the applicants still interviewing.

Any hopeful stories or advice is always appreciated! Good luck to everyone else interviewing this month.

Members don't see this ad.

i know this is really frustrating but you should really just relax and see what happens.. there isnt a whole lot you can do right now but people withdraw their seats all the time.. i think i remember hearing of someone in the class below mine that got their seat the friday before class started on monday so there will be fluctuations in the people in the class possibly up till the day they start school...

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been on the waitlist since decemeber. I guess I should start making other plans, huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
There will be one more seat avail. soon. I will be sending a written request to SCCO tomorrow to decline their offer .. There's still hope....

There will be one more seat avail. soon. I will be sending a written request to SCCO tomorrow to decline their offer .. There's still hope....

hi katyrose...

thanks for letting SCCO know about your decision to decline their offer. that is very considerate of you to give hope for other applicants!

I interviewed the 3rd too! What time were you? I was at 1 PM... And yes, I also heard 102 acceptance letters had already been sent out for the 92 (?) seat class. Really inspirational, huh? Let me know what you hear on Monday; I'm right there with you :oops:

Although there are 98 spots for the entering class, they usually give out a lot more acceptances. For the 2011 cycle, they gave out 166 acceptances and there are students who interviewed pretty late (March/April) that got in! So even though the class is "filled", there will be many declined offers and spots opening up in the next couple months.

just called SCCO right now and found out I'm on the waitlist :( Now I have to wait till after May 15th to figure out where I am on the waitlist. what a bummer.

Thanks to everyone who informed SCCO about their decision to decline their acceptance seats. (esp to katyrose)

I just got my acceptance today... and I was worried bc I was told that their class was full! Woohooo SCCO Class of 2012!

To all late applicants: there is hope! I prepared long and hard for this interview and the results paid off =)

Update: two of my friends that also interviewed the same week as I just got their acceptance letters! Again.. thanks to all the other applicants for giving up their seats early!

Congrats! Make sure to join the facebook group :) See you in the fall!

I just had my interview yesterday (I applied very late) and I too was told that the class was already full. I should be notified of my placement on the waitlist or rejection:( on Monday, assuming no spots open up. If there are still others out there holding their seats, please give them up if you know you will not be attending so the rest of us can have a little hope. Thanks!

Now, all I can do is wait...:scared:

I just had my interview yesterday (I applied very late) and I too was told that the class was already full. I should be notified of my placement on the waitlist or rejection:( on Monday, assuming no spots open up. If there are still others out there holding their seats, please give them up if you know you will not be attending so the rest of us can have a little hope. Thanks!

Now, all I can do is wait...:scared:

I was very worried about the class being full as well and lost sleep thinking about it all week after my interview! However, after I posted this thread, it seemed as if many people rejected their seats because I, along with at least 4 other people I know (possibly more) were accepted the following Monday after our interview (first week of March). Don't worry, people have until May to send in their complete deposits so being on the waitlist is not a bad thing. Just hope that you did as best as you could to get a high interview score and thus a high position on the waitlist. Dr. Munroe told me that they dug pretty deep into the list last year, so there is hope =)

I was very worried about the class being full as well and lost sleep thinking about it all week after my interview! However, after I posted this thread, it seemed as if many people rejected their seats because I, along with at least 4 other people I know (possibly more) were accepted the following Monday after our interview (first week of March). Don't worry, people have until May to send in their complete deposits so being on the waitlist is not a bad thing. Just hope that you did as best as you could to get a high interview score and thus a high position on the waitlist. Dr. Munroe told me that they dug pretty deep into the list last year, so there is hope =)
Congrats on getting a seat and thanks for the encouragement. When I spoke to Dr. Voorhees, she told me approximately two-thirds of the students currently holding seats had paid the full deposit...so one-third is still semi-encouraging.:rolleyes:

UPDATE: I'm on the alternate list...bummer.

Congrats on getting a seat and thanks for the encouragement. When I spoke to Dr. Voorhees, she told me approximately two-thirds of the students currently holding seats had paid the full deposit...so one-third is still semi-encouraging.:rolleyes:

UPDATE: I'm on the alternate list...bummer.

don't worry, alternate list is better than rejection! there is still a good chance! and if it doesn't work out for you.. at least you know to apply as early as possible next year... best of luck, keep calling... supposedly they can tell you your position on the waitlist at the end of this month, right?