SCCO Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckylux

Reaction score
Hello. I'm planning on applying to SCCO next week and I'm curious about the turnaround time and how far out interviews are currently. If there are any tips that will make me a stronger applicant for the school, it would be greatly appreciated. It's my top school at this moment.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'll be attending SCCO next year! I submitted OptomCAS in late August, took OAT Sept 9th, OAT results verified 9/25, received an offer to interview 9/28. Interviewed 10/12, offered admittance 10/16. Good luck to you! Not sure if there's much you can do to make yourself a stronger applicant within a week, just be sure your OptomCAS is super complete and essays are telling

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you have a solid GPA & OAT score (>320+)! Once you land an interview, it will weigh the heaviest when they're making a decision. The interview is super conversational, and they really mean it when they are really trying to get to know you. Try to perfect your "why optometry" and "why SCCO" answer because they will most likely ask this question during your interview. I submitted 10/25, received an offer 10/29, interviewed 11/10, and accepted 11/13. They notify you of your acceptance on Friday the week of your interview and give you 2 weeks to pay the matriculation fee once accepted. Best of luck!

This is the admissions blog for SCCO that has information on the incoming class profile of 2020 and also has other useful information under the admissions tab on what makes a competitive applicant and the interview process. Was useful when I applied last cycle. Good luck!

EDIT: Also, last cycle for SCCO the waitlist started to fill in February and the waitlist became full after the deadline. Only 1 student, who is now in my class, got off that list. So you should be fine applying next week.