1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Schaum's for Bio?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Maygyver, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Maygyver

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was wondering if anyone used Schaum's outline to study for the bio section? I know a lot of people use it to study for the DAT bio section.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah, you're right...schaum is very popular for pre-dents studying for the DAT. I don't think it's the best for the MCAT.

4. Vihsadas

Vihsadas No summer
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I agree. Use an MCAT specific bio book (or two). The reason I suggest doing it this way is because the MCAT specific books give you a better idea of the breadth and the depth of material that you can expect on the MCAT. You want to make sure that the bio that you are learning is directly relevant for the MCAT exam.

5. Maygyver

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Alright, thanks a bunch. I just recently changed my mind to wanting to do Medical school so I thought I would figure out what all I need to buy now. :)