Schaum's outline of biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123dental

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any chapters in "schaum's outline of biology" (for anyone who has used it or heard anything about it) that we do not need to know for the biology section of the DAT? Or are there any chapters that go into more depth than is necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you find it useful? I'm not planning on using anything else for the bio section

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the Kaplan review of the five kingdoms sufficient to study? The schaum's review of this biological diversity section is very long and very detailed! Plus I am trying to get the schaum's book done in a week...I don't think its possible so that's why I'm trying to cut the amount of info down as much as possible! I would have went with Cliff's but NONE of the bookstores in my area have it in stock!! How unlucky is that :(
Oh by the way, how much shorter is the Cliff's compared to the Schaum's- how long would you give yourself to get through the Cliff's review? I can get it ordered to one of the bookstore's but it might take a few days

Yeah...I am also currently reading schaum's right now. Some of the chapters are pretty lengthy but if it's gonna do me good, i guess this'll do.

Would you guys say Cliff's is better?

Are there any chapters in "schaum's outline of biology" (for anyone who has used it or heard anything about it) that we do not need to know for the biology section of the DAT? Or are there any chapters that go into more depth than is necessary?

Loved this book. It shoves quite a bit of superfluous knowledge at you in some topics, but by looking at the DAT biology topics off the ADEA website, you should get a feel for what you are required and not required to know.

I read the book twice from front to back and it really helped me alot.

I'm starting to run out of study time so I was wondering did the people who used this book find the "solved problems" or the actual text at the beginning of the chapters most useful? I have to pick one or the other!

I just finished studying the biology section of the DAT. I used AP Cliff's biology and I founded very helpful. I started studying with Schaum's outline but I founded boring, great information, but vey messy. AP cliff's organization is better in my opinion, and while I was answering the 320 questions of the DAT destroyer I realize how helpful AP Cliff's was.