Schedule for Day of MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seanth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone who’s already taken the test in the past, enlighten those who haven’t with what the schedule is like?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

seanth said:
Can someone who’s already taken the test in the past, enlighten those who haven’t with what the schedule is like?

Thanks!

It depends a lot on the location and how many people are at your testing center.

Basically, you start lining up with your ticket, ID, etc. before 8. A proctor verifies this stuff and you take a seat (mine was assigned based on the order we arrived, but I'm not sure if this is standard). You'll probably wait about an hour or so before they start with the instructions and stuff. This can take up to an hour. They then start reading the instructions. You probably start taking the test in the 9-10AM range. Break after PS. Lunch after VR. Break after WS. After BS, you fill out a survey. Depending on the speed of your proctors in running it, you're out of there as early as 4:30-5 (but I've heard sites not letting out until 8PM or beyond)

The most annoying part is that the proctors have to count every page in every test booklet after EACH section. If even a single page is missing in a booklet, they go into "lockdown" mode until they account for the missing page. They're real intense about security of the test.

ADeadLois said:
It depends a lot on the location and how many people are at your testing center.

Basically, you start lining up with your ticket, ID, etc. before 8. A proctor verifies this stuff and you take a seat (mine was assigned based on the order we arrived, but I'm not sure if this is standard). You'll probably wait about an hour or so before they start with the instructions and stuff. This can take up to an hour. They then start reading the instructions. You probably start taking the test in the 9-10AM range. Break after PS. Lunch after VR. Break after WS. After BS, you fill out a survey. Depending on the speed of your proctors in running it, you're out of there as early as 4:30-5 (but I've heard sites not letting out until 8PM or beyond)

The most annoying part is that the proctors have to count every page in every test booklet after EACH section. If even a single page is missing in a booklet, they go into "lockdown" mode until they account for the missing page. They're real intense about security of the test.

Did that happen at your test site?